Chapter 59

When you wake again there is no confusion, just the bleak, intense reality hitting you straight in the face that you've been in a car crash, you don't know if you're baby is okay, Bucky is mentally unstable and neither of you are able to be at home to look after your three kids. How can you stay calm and relaxed with all of that weighing on you?

You groan and stir, face palming at the thought of all this and the constant, thudding dull ache in your head and your foot, seemingly in unison with each other. All of your muscles feel ridiculously tight and sore, especially considering your lying in bed doing nothing but that'll be all like the whiplash and stuff from the crash. Every time you move it feels like your body throbs.

Gradually trying to adjust to the lighting you flutter your eyes open and peer around the room, your vision taking a few seconds to adjust and clear. You tilt your head to the side to the side to see that where Steve had been sitting waiting last time, this time instead there is a hunched over figure with a mop of long, shaggy brown hair covering their face as they sleep with their head resting on their forearms - the left one being metal - and leaning on the edge of your bed.

Despite what you've been told about you and Bucky having a fight you can't help but smile at the sight of him looking so cute.

"Mum?" A timid but hopeful voice asks from your other side.

Frowning you turn to see Luke.

"Luke!" You gasp but it sounds far more frail than you intended.

"Mum!" He exclaims quietly and leaps up to hug you. "You're awake! You're going to be okay!"

He gives you the biggest hug ever but despite it hurting you it just feels so good to have him in your arms that you don't say anything.

"I missed you so much." He mumbles into your hair.

"I missed you too baby. I'm so sorry I scared you like that." You whimper back, holding him close to your chest. "But why are you here? Shouldn't you be at school?"

"I just missed you so much that I wanted to come see you. Dad said it was okay too," he explains, pulling away. "He's been spending so much time with you and he looked really tired so I thought he could use a break but he still stayed."

You both look back at Bucky, a sense of relief warming you at what Luke just said and the fact that he is back communicating with and somewhat looking after the kids.

Without thinking you weakly lift a hand to run through his hair and massage his scalp. It's a simple, affectionate gesture but the minute you touch him he jumps and wakes up, bolting upright clearly frightened although the minute he sees you he relaxes and his eyes go wide in relief and disbelief.

"(Y/N)." He gasps in a raspy voice, his voice thick with sleep indicating he was absolutely out to it. "Oh my god doll."

Just like Luke he envelops you in the biggest hug humanly possible.

"It's so good to see your beautiful (Y/E/C) eyes again doll." He breaths an obvious sigh of relief and doesn't let you go. "I'm so sorry."

You feel him kiss the nape of your neck and you bring your hand up to cup the back of his head, ignoring the pain he is causing by leaning on your abdomen with his heavy weight causing pressure.

"It's okay Buck." You croak. "It's not your fault. I'm sorry too."

"Don't be." He mumbles into your hair before pressing a kiss to your temple and pulling away, looking at you with the most genuinely concerned and forgiving look in his eyes ever.