Surprise!

Author's Note: Hey guys! I'm so sorry it's been a while! I've just been hella busy but I have still been writing this story when I can. I also took some time to write a little (lol actually not little its fricken long so soz in advance) idea I had for the next story I'm looking at writing called Shadowed Truths which I have given you a sneak peak of before. I think it's important for me to sometimes take a break from this story and write something else like this so that I don't get bored of it and to help realise that I miss it so that I can come back fresh and re-inspired which is the case with this! So enjoy this little bit, sorry it's not for this story and apologies if it's not what you were wanting but I will be back writing I'll Keep This Secret For You and hopefully have the next chapter up asap!

WARNING: SMUT!!!! (I'll put a warning right before it gets too bad and then when it's finished because it's hella long sorry).

"I remember when I first met your mother," Dad starts in a low, gentle voice.

He looks over at her lovingly and she smiles back before looking down modestly from where they sit across the table from me.

"She was doing her internship with the tech stuff at S.H.I.E.L.D," he continues. "I always thought of those people as slightly nerdy, awkward people but then one day you came along, looking all immaculate and professional and beautiful with your hair and makeup done perfectly and your fashionable clothes. And then here I was probably stumbling through the door all bloodied and bruised and battered every other day as I staggered past your desk, and no doubt looking grumpy and silent every other."

Mum blushes and lets out a giggle at this. "You were getting that silent, brooding thing happening." She teases. "But yes I do remember you too when I first started working there. You really did always seem to be the one that was the most beaten up whenever you came back from missions. I'll have to admit that job wasn't for me though, to be honest I only stuck around so long because of you Buck."

"You were good at what you did though. Not too many people get offered internships with S.H.I.E.L.D. I wish you would've told me that earlier though." He chuckles. "I spent so long thinking you couldn't have cared less about me, the way you just hid behind your computer all day and hardly looked my way. That's why I took so long to work up the courage to finally talk to you."

"Oh I was looking." She smirks. "Trust me. I was just strategic about it. It's because you were always with the other Avengers or at the very least Steve whenever I saw you. And believe it or not to a little, innocent intern that was new to the job like me, a whole bunch of superhero's was quite intimidating."

"You were far from innocent, I learnt that very quickly." Bucky scoffs. "But I'm glad i finally did work up the courage to talk to you." He sighs and rests a hand on top of hers.

~~~~

Bucky's POV:

"Hey Steve." I call as I walk down the hall, assuming that he'll be somewhere within earshot.

I fiddle with the stupid little device in my hands again and let out a grunt of annoyance when I still can't get it to work.

"Steve!" I shout again, surely he must be around here somewhere; I hate to say it but the old man doesn't have much of a social life.

"Yeah?" I finally hear him reply.

"There you are." I huff and sigh as I duck into the lounge where I heard his voice coming from.

"You looking for me? Sorry, I didn't hear you," he says from where he sits at the dining room table looking through some files.

Straight away I can tell he's deep in concentration, probably busy being fascinated by an upcoming case we have.