Chapter 63

WARNING: SMUT AHEAD!

"So." You start as you and Bucky walk down the street leading to your home. "What are your thoughts on the hair and beard?"

It's been playing on your mind for a while now and you've been meaning to ask him but haven't had the courage although with the mood he's in today you feel like there's no better time.

"You don't like it?" He frowns at you and cocks his head to the side curiously.

"I never said that," you point out. "I just want to know how you feel about it first."

"It's alright I guess." He shrugs. "I mean I didn't choose to grow it like this and it can be a bit annoying at times and get in the way."

"I quite like it," you remark. "You suit the long hair and it's something different. Although it does at least need a trim, you're starting to look like a caveman."

"Oh I-I don't think I can handle having weapons like scissors and stuff like that close to my face doll," he says sheepishly.

"There not weapons they're everyday household items Buck," you try to reason with him. "And what if I did it for you? Could you trust me with that?"

He thinks about it. "I guess so," he finally says quietly.

"Thank you, I'm so proud of you. I promise I'll be careful." You smile up at him and give him a side hug.

By now you're walking up the path to your house. You grin excitedly back at him as you unlock the door and lead him inside.

"Good to be home?" You ask him happily.

"Amazing." He sighs and you can literally see the relief washing over him. "So, so great."

You heart can't help but swell as you lean in and hug him before tiptoeing to peck him on the lips, both smiling into it. To your surprise he tries to keep the kiss going and you have to end up pulling away only to see him looking at you upset.

Maybe you weren't just imagining things back there.

"Lets get you cleaned up while we've got the chance." You chuckle lightly. "Because before we know it it'll be time to go pick up the kids."

"Okay." He huffs disappointedly. "I suppose you're right."

"Someone's suddenly feeling a lot more like themselves aren't they?" You joke.

"I told you I'm feeling better." He looks at you cunningly. "And I just didn't realise how much I missed you until we got the chance to be alone, you know? No one else to worry about."

"Or maybe you're just procrastinating getting your hair cut?" You tease.

"Who me? Never!" He gasps in mock shock.

"Well, the quicker we get this done, the longer we still have alone." You smirk and quirk an eyebrow at him. "Is that enough incentive for you?"

"Okay just go ahead and do it, I can handle it," he says urgently and you let out a laugh.

However all the confidence and optimism that Bucky seemed to have gained about this whole ordeal quickly goes down the drain once you pull out the scissors. You've hardly even brought them within a metre of him when he's tending up and eyeing them wearily, his breathing becoming slightly more frantic.

"Bucky it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you with them. You know I'd never do that," you say softly and slowly as you step closer to him.