Chapter 106

Steve stands himself up using his cane and shuffled over to Bucky, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"Buck what's wrong?" He asks worried.

"I-I don't know. My head is just spinning." He grunts in reply, his speech slow.

"When did it start?" He presses.

"Just now." He mumbles. "I feel like I'm gonna pass out."

"Here's a glass of water." Peggy states as she hands it to him.

But just as you're about to do something to help too, a thought crosses your mind.

It's that god damn alcohol.

Wow. All of a sudden you're so mad at him. But of course your not going to make a scene here.... well, at least not a bigger one than the one that's already been made. You'll save it for home. Peoples attention has already been directed to you four and Luke and Isla have come rushing over.

"Hey, what's going on?" Howard asks as he pushed through the crowd.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Like comes right over and asks, looking about the most animated he has in a long time.

"We don't know." Steve shakes his head and frowns. "He just all of a sudden got all light headed."

"Do you want me to get a medic?" Howard asks and is already turning to go.

"No. No. No." Bucky shakes his head and lifts up his hand lazily, his speech quiet and drawling. "I'll be fine. It's just a head rush or something."

"Daddy are you drunk?" Isla giggles, making the situation worse.

"No." Steve, Peggy and Bucky all state at the same time.

"It can't be." Peggy shakes her head and frowns. "Maybe get him an ice pack to cool down though Howard?"

He nods and rubs off to the kitchen.

You're a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. You feel like you should be worried but right now all you are is mad. All you can do is just squat there beside him with your arm around his shoulders.

"Here!" Howard exclaims as he hands you the ice pack.

You gingerly place it on his forehead before he leans forward with his elbows on his knees, taking a hold of it himself and cringing.

Everyone just stands there silently for a few minutes, waiting to see if he gets any better or worse.

"Do you have a headache?" Peggy asks. "Are you nauseous? In any sort of pain? Have you got split vision?"

"Ahhh." Bucky grunts in thought, screwing his eyes shut but not lifting his head. "Kind of? I don't know. Yeah, yeah I've got a headache I think. Kinda nauseous, but not in any real pain. It's just my head and my limbs feel all weird. Definitely got split vision though."

"That's a real straight answer buck." You chuckle and rub his back, forcing yourself to be supportive although right now you don't feel like seeing his face.

"Sorry." He cringes. "I just can't think straight right now."

"It's okay Buck. Just try and take a few deep breaths. I'm sure you'll feel better in a minute." Steve tries to assure him.

Even though the attention isn't on you, you feel your cheeks burning up as everyone gathers around, murmuring in confusion and concern. However, eventually he does seem to start to come right, sitting up straight and blinking a few times to let his eyes adjust to the light.

"Ah." He groans and slowly starts to stand himself up with you, Steve and Peggy's Help. "Okay, I think I'm alright now."

"You guys should head home now." Peggy looks at him unsurely. "Maybe getting a good nights sleep will help you feel better. Take the day off work tomorrow too. Just rest up and make sure you're alright."