Chapter 128

"Where's Natasha and Sam?" You ask Bucky as you snuggle into his side that he isn't favouring, watching Steve and Peggy happily.

He slings his metal arm around your shoulder. "They're in the infirmary with Howard."

"Are they okay?" You ask.

He nods. "They got found out, turns out Natasha had had a run in with one of them in the past and they double crossed them. Then when Steve didn't come back in over half a day like I told him to do," Bucky trails off and looks at Steve warningly.

"I thought I was on to something!" Steve exclaims defensively.

"Shh, careful not to wake her." Peggy whispers sternly.

"Oh right, sorry." Steve cringes.

"Geez, you forget what it's like to have a newborn so easily." Bucky smiles contently. "But anyway. I went in looking for them, stumbled across them in less than half the time that Steve did, which basically means I'm the better one."

You hear Steve scoff and see him shake his head but laugh at Bucky's cockiness.

"Got into a bit of a scuffle but had them out in no time." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"Only after I caused a distraction." Steve points out.

"Ah, see. You left that part out." You raise an eyebrow at Bucky. "You guys need each other to work at your best."

"Minor details my love." He shakes his head and leans down to peck you on the lips. "There is no need to worry."

"But I'm gonna worry because you said you broke a rib."

"It'll be healed in a matter of days, and it's probably only a crack." He insists.

You just roll your eyes at him.

"Alright. Well I'm sure you guys would appreciate some time alone. We should probably go see our children. And Bucky you stink so you're coming with me to have a shower. Congratulations guys, you did so well Peg. I'm so proud of you. We will come visit tomorrow morning, I can bring Sarah for you if you'd like? She can stay with us tonight, give you guys some time alone." You huff.

"Thank you so much (Y/N)." Both Peggy and Steve say in unison.

"We can worry about the mission report tomorrow." Steve adds. "I think we've both got better things to do right now."

"I seriously could not have done this without you here." Peggy smiles up at you from where she sits in the bed, Steve with his arm around her as they look down adoringly at the little girl in Peggy's arms. "I can't say thank you enough."

"Don't." You insist. "Just rest up and let us know a name as soon as you have one."

"Of course." Peggy grins before looking up at Steve for confirmation of something. "And I think it goes without saying that we would be honoured to have the two of you as her god parents if you're willing to do so?"

"Pffft geez I don't know." Bucky huffs sarcastically and runs a hand through his hair.

You slap him for it before taking his hand in yours and squeezing it. "He's joking. We would love nothing more." You smile happily at them.

Three Weeks Later:

You sit in Peggy's lounge and spoon feed the twins while she feeds little baby Eliza before the two of you have your own morning tea. Bucky and Steve are doing a training session this morning so like most mornings recently, you've been picking up Sarah and dropping her and Theo off at daycare and then Isla and Luke at school - that is if Luke's even at home - before coming back here to help Peggy around the house.