Chapter 89

Your POV:

I wake up and open my eyes, looking down, I expect to see my large baby bump. Instead, I am greeted by a pair of large silvery blue eyes staring at me intently.

That's when it all comes flooding back to me... rescuing Bucky and everything that ensued. And then something clicks. The eyes I saw back in that hospital room were different to these ones. They were a darker, deeper grey.

My heart instantly feels like it's about to burst out of my chest. That must mean that my other baby did end up making it, and clearly so did I.

I look around the room to see where I am. Obviously a hospital room but a different one to before. My eyes eventually fall on Bucky, sitting at my bedside in front of the window. My heart swells all over again when I see another baby in his arms while he feeds them a bottle, rocking back and forth slowly and watches them with so much care and love that he hasn't noticed I'm awake.

Unable to find words, I gingerly reach up a hand to touch the baby's head. The feeling of the warm, fuzzy veil of thin baby hair and the delicious scent of a newborn that reaches my senses as I lean up to kiss their forehead gives me a renewed energy. I then reach over for Bucky and place my hand over his metal one that cups the baby.

I watch and can't help but smile weekly with a tear in my eye as his face transforms from one of concentration to his eyes going wide and his head snaps up to look at me in disbelief. His mouth drops and he just looks at me silently for a second before practically lunging himself at me, wrapping his arms around me with the two babies in between us. The only reason he isn't completely smothering me is so that he doesn't smother them I'm sure.

"O-oh my god." I stutters our, his voice barely recognisable because it's so full of all kinds of emotion.

Sadness, happiness, fear, relief, love.

"I thought I lost you." He croaks.

I slowly wrap my arms around him, shocked by his intenseness.

"Well you didn't." I cry weakly and coax his head out out of the crook of my neck so that I can look at his face and stroke it, touching him for what feels like the first time in forever.

He looks absolutely broken and exhausted. Which makes me wonder something.

"How long was I out for?" I ask frowning, expecting him to say maybe a day or just less.

"It's been nine days doll." He sobs and hugs me again.

I'm so shocked. "W-what?"

"You were unconscious for nearly ten days." He explains as best he can amongst his shaking.

I have to push him off of me for a second to look at him to make sure he's serious.

"What's been happening?" I ask in disbelief.

"Steve and Peggy have been looking after the other three and I've just spent most of my time here."

"I see the other twin made it too?" I ask trying to get my head around things and looking down at the two tiny things laying on me and choking back tears.

Bucky nods and finally I see the first hint of a smile. I thought I'd lost both of you for a minute there. "This is Lilly. You did it hun. We have the most amazing baby boy and baby girl."

A sob escapes my lips and I cuddle them closer too my chest, caressing their heads and taking them in. So tiny. So precious. They just look at me, trying to register who I am.

But then Bucky swoops in and steals my lips for a kiss.

"God I missed that." He mumbles breathlessly. "I missed you. I love you."