Chapter 85

Bucky's POV:

Considering I've been out of action for so long it's as though I've never left. That strange rush of adrenaline that always reminds me why I love my job is back. I feel better than I've felt ever since the first incident, no more angst and nerves, just determination. I just hope it sticks once this is over, I like this Bucky.

Steve and I walk into the lair and almost falter in our tracks. It's empty. But we are definitely in the right place. There are weapons everywhere. It looks like Zola's office, like he sits on here and just experiments all day.

But where is he?

Where is anyone?

Somethings not right. They wouldn't just leave this place unmanned like that, especially not when they must know that we are coming since it got leaked where they are.

Then it all clicks.

We've gotten all the way down here without seeing anyone, without encountering any obstacles. That doesn't just happen.

"St-Steve," I stutter becoming on edge.

I'm just about to ask him if he feels like somethings up when all of a sudden a hand wraps around my mouth and I'm yanked backwards. When I look up I can see Steve in the exact same predicament, except he has a guy holding his arms behind his back too.

Quickly I manage to wrestle myself away from my captor since my hands aren't restrained so I just elbow him in the face and hear a grunt as I break free.

"Steve!" I shout and sprint for him as all of a sudden they start to pummel him ruthlessly.

They came out of no where in the darkness and are dressed in black, their faces hidden. We've let our guard down, they've taken us by surprise, we should've known better.

"No! Steve!" I scream as I hear him cry out in pain as they punch him in the gut and face repeatedly.

Someone leaps on me again and I just throw them off with a roar.

"Bucky!" Steve grunts and tries to fight them off but the just pull him further away.

All of a sudden I feel a cool sting in my neck and an overwhelming sense of déjà vu creeps up on me as I begin to feel like my arms are turning to led, becoming ridiculously tired. I've felt this before.

I groan as I slump to my knees heavily, all of a sudden just wanting to sink to the ground and go to sleep.

"Buck! No!" I hear Steve whimper as it is my turn to have my hands held roughly whims my back.

I feel the familiar feeling of handcuffs tightly beginning to dig into my wrists but suddenly I have no urge to fight back. I'm just limp.

"You two are stupider than I thought." A familiar voice that always makes my blood curdle says as suddenly the small figure of doctor Zola steps out into the light. "Didn't you realise it was us who sent out the tip to where we were? What better way to get you within our grasps. And look at this, you've fallen right into our trap. So thank you."

I'm too weak to even feel some sort of response to what he says. Barely able to keep my eyes open, I look up at Steve and with my vision blurring I can just make out as they drag him back towards the stairs we came from, leaving a bloody trail as they go.

Good.

The terrifying thought enters my mind without me ever wanting to think something like that and suddenly I'm confused. Am I Bucky or am I the Winter Soldier? I'm too tired to form a proper thought or fight back or anything.