Chapter 67

Bucky's POV:

(A/N): Im going to make this part as if it is a memory so that it can be more interesting and detailed so just imagine that this is what Bucky is thinking/remembering as he explains to you what happened.

I groan as I come to, my whole body aching and stiff. I roll my neck in an attempt to release some of the tension since it has been hanging for who knows how long and flutter my eyes open to find that all I can see is darkness. I have no idea where I am and I can't remember how I got there. All I know is that it hurts a hell of a lot. It takes me a moment to realise that I'm gagged with my hands cuffed behind me to a chair.

Automatically I panic. Normally in situations like this I would know to stay calm but something about this one just doesn't feel right, or maybe it's just the stabbing pain in my stomach. I start to breath heavily and grunt and thrash around a bit in a feeble attempt to loosen my ties but it's no use. I can't tell if I'm too weak or they're too tight or perhaps even a combination of both.

As my eyes gradually start to adjust to the darkness I can tell by looking around that I'm in a small, empty, concrete type room. Suddenly I spot something in front of me.

A person? Standing tall with their arms crossed and their beefy eyes glinting through the blackness as they watch me.

I'm about to open my mouth to shout something at them - I don't know what especially considering I'm gagged - but before I know it they are lunging at me and grabbing me by the throat, clutching on so tightly and lifting me off my seat just enough to make it almost unbearable. Caught off guard, I choke on a surprised gasp. But I can't even fight back because I'm trapped. There's nothing I can do.

"Hail Hydra." The man spits in my ear in a menacing whisper making my blood run cold and causing me to freeze.

That's when I know that I'm absolutely screwed.

Before I can even comprehend enough to respond there is a sharp, stinging sensation in my neck followed by a heavy feeling pooling around the area. Then the man holds something up in front of me revealing some type of large needle which quickly answers my curiosity. With an evil laugh he lets go of my throat and flicks the cylinder that no longer holds whatever he injected causing the glass to make a high pitched ring that I swear echoes on for far too long.

Just then something strange starts to happen. As he walks away my vision goes blurry and my ears feel locked, my brain feels slow and foggy and my body feels like lead. I have the sudden urge to sleep. Trying to fight it off I start to thrash around and scream but it only gets muffled by the cloth in my mouth.

I watch terrified of what is to come as the man stops at the door and turns.

"Don't worry Sergeant Barnes." He sneers in a thick German accent. "We start your treatment tomorrow."

I stop. Treatment? Why do I need treatment? As far as I can remember, the last time Hydra took me they gave me anything but treatment. In fact it was far from it.

Sensing my confusion he lets out a laugh before continuing to explain.

"Yes, that's right. S.H.I.E.L.D broke you. Now we're going to fix you up."

S.H.I.E.L.D broke me? I thought Steve and Peggy and Howard were the good guys? Why would they break me.

Every bone in my body is screaming at me not to believe this man who now laughs like a maniac as he slams the door behind him, leaving me alone and confused. But there is one little voice telling me to believe him. That he's right and I should trust him.