Chapter 104

Bucky's POV:

5 days later... 2 weeks until the wedding:

I peel the bulletproof vest over my head, throwing it in my locker and flick my baseball cap on along with my coat before heading out of the staffroom to head home. Well, not quite yet. To head to school to meet (Y/N) and pick up Luke and Isla from her school visit.

So far this security guard thing has been pretty basic and easy. Nothing has happened yet and it's been four days. Just a lot of standing around. But the watching people keeps me occupied. Being 'under cover' for it is pretty easy too. Thanks to all the papers that have come out on me since the Winter Soldier saga all I've had to do is go clean shaven with a short haircut because everyone is expected some shaggy looking maniac caveman whenever they're looking for me. Then chuck on a cap and tinted glasses and I'm good to go.

I head for the school and meet up with (Y/N) and the kids outside.

I smile broadly as I see them standing at the gate.

"Daddy!" Isla exclaims and comes slipping up to me. "I went to school today! I'm a big girl!"

"Ah! Hey sweetie!" I grunt as I lean down to scoop her up under the arms. "How was it?"

"Good. Everyone seems really nice. Even the teachers!" She grins excitedly.

"We'll see how long that lasts once you start properly." I joke making her giggle.

I carry on over to (Y/N), Luke and the twins.

"Hey hun." She smiles warmly and leans up to kiss me on the cheek. "How was work?"

"It was fine." I shrug and then turn to my son. "Hi Luke."

"Hi dad." He mumbles looking at the ground and scuffing his foot.

He knows he's in my bad books at the moment. He needs to sort his attitude out. And if there's something wrong, he needs to talk to us.

We start walking. The plan is to drop me at shield to go see Steve and maybe squeeze in a workout if I can and then they carry on to go collect Theo from daycare before heading home for the day.

As we walk we just listen to Isla blabbing about how amazing school was. It's good to hear she likes it but it will be interesting to see how she feels once she starts getting homework, especially if she's anything like her brother.

They drop me off and head on their way while I head inside, taking a deep breath as I do so. This has been really hard. Steve's been struggling a lot with the fact that he's so badly injured. I think it reminds him of when he was sick and weak. Not that I ever thought there was anything wrong with him then, but he did.

At least all the press are gone now. They've slowly been dying down over the past few days.

All I hope is that this goes well. They're going to try get him walking again, but who knows what will happen after last time.

I head straight for his room, saying a quick hello to Howard but not wanting to take too long because I know that Steve has been waiting for me all day to do this. Peggy has been back working a little over the last week but spends all the time with Steve that she can, especially at important times like this afternoon.