Chapter 117

2 Days Later:

"Isla just lay down and go to sleep okay?" You try and sooth her, stroking her hair out of her face to settle her.

"But I want to go home! I'm sick of this chair it's so uncomfortable!" She wines.

"But we can't go home sweetie." You huff, fed up of trying to explain it to her.

"Why not!?" She exclaims with a frown.

"Because the bad guys know that's where we live and I don't want to put you in danger by taking you back there because after what they did to your father who knows if they might take you?" You explain sadly.

"(Y/N), if she wants I can take her back to our place and she can sleep there in the spare bed tonight." Peggy pipes up and offers.

She's been really quiet the last few days. You can tell she's just riddled with guilt. But both her and Steve have insisted on staying with you guys the whole time.

"Are you sure? Isla? Would you like to do that?" You ask each of them.

"Is daddy going to wake up?"

"I don't know. I don't think so though. He still needs lots of rest." You shrug and try to sound positive.

"It's a double bed so it'll be nice and big and spacious and warm. You can have a shower if you want and I'll cook you a nice dinner rather than more take aways if you'd like?" Peggy smiles at her kindly.

No one particularly enjoys staying in a hospital but Isla our of everyone is struggling with it the most. Luke's old enough to be patient and doesn't want to leave his dad's side and Theo just wants to be wherever you are, while the twins don't know any different.

"Okay." Isla's little face lights up and she nods excitedly.

It's good to see. It'll probably be good for Peggy to get away for a bit too and have a break from this misery.

"Let's go then shall we?" Peggy smiles at Isla and stands up to take her hand.

With Sarah on her hip half asleep, Steve stands up to kiss her goodbye and goodnight and then she bids everyone else farewell for the evening.

"We will bring something nice for breakfast in the morning when we come back." She adds as they leave.

"Bye mummy! Bye Uncle Steve!" Isla waves on her way out.

You start to go about your evening routine that you have gotten set up, tucking Luke and Theo under some blankets - Theo on the bed next to Bucky of course - before feeding the twins and then trying to settle down yourself.

Since he was put back under sedation Bucky hasn't moved. It's not even like he's asleep, he's just out cold. He hasn't responded to anyone's voice or touch but the nurse who you've learnt is called Emma says that it's because he's so dosed up on morphine that pretty much the whole world has been blocked out.

That is until tonight. When you turn around you find that unlike when you first placed Theo there, Bucky's flesh arm is no longer hanging limply at his side. Instead it is moved so that Theo is nestled between his side and the arm, cradling him gently.

You gasp and rush over to his bedside, placing your hand over his gently.

"Buck?" You whisper since Steve is already asleep and you don't want to wake him.

The poor guy is exhausted. He's hardly slept since he's been here and has still been trying to run around organising everything.

But you don't get a reply from Bucky anyway. However, his brow does furrow and your touch and perhaps your voice. It's all you need to make you feel a little warm and tingly inside. You bend down and press a kiss to his forehead.