0 | unwanted help

| meliorism |
chapter zero
❝ unwanted help ❞

| meliorism |chapter zero❝ unwanted help ❞

҉   ҉  ҉

    An abrupt noise infiltrated the night, followed by the sound of a damage engine. The sound penetrated the lonely highway, making it more loud than what it actually was.

    The only thing that could be seen and heard from miles was the old black Nissan. It was a little dirty due to the storm that had taken place the day before, but it was being driven nonetheless.

"You have to be kidding me"

    The girl muttered under her breath as soon as the car began to make more weird noises. She had to stop, not wanting to have an accident and crash against one of the trees ahead.

    She sighed, closing her eyes as she thought she could not have a worst day. The car had just stopped in the middle of the highway and she was in a hurry. If she was late, her father would be mad at her, and she hated when that happened.

   Rhena Bekker got out of the car and took a look at it, trying to diagnose it. It wasn't even her's, it was her brother's, now he would be mad at her too.

   Rhena let out a sighed of frustration. She knew very little about cars, how was she going to go home now?

   She was the only one in the driveway, and she hadn't seen any other cars in her way back. It was a very cold night, no doubt that everyone was in their houses enjoying a sunday night.

   Rhena was becoming more frustrated. On top of everything her phone had died.
The nearest house was probably five miles away. She could walk the long distance, but she had bring a lot of her stuff and she couldn't just leave it there.

    She was about to complain aloud when she felt that something, or someone, was approaching. It was like a tingle that was slowly crawling under her skin, making her uncomfortable.

   "Hello there" someone said in a enthusiastic tone.

   Rhena froze in her place. Her heart was racing and she got nervous out of the sudden at hearing the man's voice, something about it send chills down her spine.

She slowly moved her head and saw a man, dark hair and blue eyes, he looked to be about Cade's age, and he was smirking. She did not liked that smirk. It was like a big sign saying "I'm trouble"

   "Having problems?" he asked looking briefly at the car and then looking at her, having still the same look in his face.

   She didn't respond and just kept looking at him. Alarms started to go off in her head, making her even nervous than what she already was.

   "Ow, come on, you can talk to me" he tilted his head, chuckling "I'm not gonna bite you or anything"

   He took a step closer to her and she took a step back. He looked at her up and down and then smirked again.

   "It looks like you're having problems" he said with a calm tone in his voice. She had heard that voice before, but couldn't quite place from where.

   She shook her head and started breathing deeply. Rhena was hoping the man couldn't hear her it.

   "Are you sure?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows lightly "You don't seem so sure" he said approaching to her slowly.

   "I'm sure" she said softly, causing him to stop. Her voice sounded small compared to his "Please leave me alone"

   He let out a laugh and smiled "I'm just trying to help you, Rhena"

   She furrowed her eyebrows and took another step back. If she was nervous before, she was freaking out now.

   "Excuse me?" she asked. She was slowly moving towards the door of the car, it didn't matter if the car didn't work, she just wanted to stay away from him.

"I said that I'm just trying to help you" he said. He took a big step towards her and she moved next to the door, neither of them looked away, they were waiting for something.

   Rhena took a deep breath preparing herself and quickly opened the door, locking it after getting in. She looked up to see what was the man's reaction but for her surprise, the man wasn't there anymore.

   She was confused. How did he disappeared so fast? She looked around the car, as far as her eyes could see, but saw nothing. It was like he was never there.

   She sighed of relief and let out a little nervous chuckle. She was just being paranoid, maybe the man was just really trying to help her, that, or her mind was playing tricks on her.

   She shook her head and tried to start the car, which surprisingly did. Rhena smiled and fixed the review mirror, checking that everything was in place.

   When she was about to start driving, all of the sudden a hand was pressing against the window, causing her to jump in surprise. She looked at the same man from before, however, this time, his eyes were a dark red and had dark veins under his eyes. She let out a piercing scream when he smirked and ripper away the door easily, like it was just a little toy.

   "I was just trying to help" he repeated with the same smirk, only this time, it was a lot deathlier.

    Then, he lunged at her.

҉   ҉   ҉