48 | a light in the middle

| meliorism |
chapter forty-eight
❝ ghost world ❞

| meliorism |chapter forty-eight ❝ ghost world ❞

҉  ҉  ҉ 

    Sometimes, it was difficult to differentiate between a dream and a memory. Both seem very real and vivid in our mind, but only one happened. Sometimes, Rhena found it hard to know the difference, especially because she didn't trust her mind anymore.

    Rhena woke up in bed, but she was alone. She sat up and looked around the room, trying to remember what happened. Once she did, she remembered something woke her up, a noise from downstairs. She remembered standing in the room, walking towards the door, then feeling someone behind her. She remembered turning around, and seeing the spitting image of Jenna Sommers. That's all she remembered.

However, she had trouble finding the difference. Was it real, or was it a dream?

Even though she was drained from all energy, she decided to get out of bed to see if everything was okay downstairs. The sun was shining and coming through the cracks that the curtains couldn't cover, making the natural light enter the residence.

    Rhena came down the stairs in a hurry, the same clothes she had worn yesterday. She needed to go home and change, perhaps water the plants, stay home a little more.

    Today, the town was going to have some events, usually she would attend with her siblings; Indira always liked to go and see her friends urging her favorite candy, Asher liked to buy food, Jax liked to buy collectible stuff, and Cade and Rhena just went to make them happy. Now, she didn't have a reason to attend.

The moment she arrived downstairs with her bag ready, the smell of blood hit her. It shouldn't be a surprise, really, after all, she had been staying in the home of vampires.

Just as she was about to enter the living room, Stefan was coming out of there. The two stopped, not wanting to run into each other. She furrowed her eyebrows, watching how he had a smug in his face.

"Where's Damon?" she asked, looking up at him. He was still slightly taller than her.

"Tied up" he laughed, causing her to raise an eyebrow. She was about to open her mouth to question him, but he shook his head "it wasn't me, pinky promise"

Stefan smirked at her and went on his way, she rolled her eyes and entered the room, only to find Damon, tied up to a hair with chains.

"You're here, great" Damon released a deep breath as soon as he saw her enter the room "help me, and I'll buy some ice cream and you'll forever be my favorite niece"

Rhena sighed, walking towards him "I'm your only niece, D" she muttered, turning behind him to break off the chains.

There were three in his torso, plus other two in his legs. With all her strength, she broke off the locks, luckily they were kinda rusty and didn't put up a fight. She proceeded to break the rest of the chains, letting them fall to the floor. She walked up to his front while he stretched, taking his daylight ring off the ground.