64 | the end of the beginning

| meliorism |
chapter sixty-four

| meliorism |chapter sixty-four

҉  ҉  ҉

"Don't be a jerk and pass me the salt"

A small smile appeared in her face at the bickering of the siblings, although she tried to hide it, she was failing miserably at it. Instead of handing the salt like a good person, he took it and then threw it at her. It was a good thing she had reflexes or else it would have been a terrible bruise.

"I said pass me the salt!" she said incredulously, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I did!" he exclaimed, a smirk in his face "You didn't specify how to pass it"

"Oh, bloody—"

"One more yelling and I'll rip your hearts out!"

Rhena took a sip of her drink as she watched the interaction of the siblings, her eyes looking as if a tennis match was occurring on the table. She wasn't going to lie, watching them argue for minuscule things was very comical.

For a few seconds, they were quiet. She thought they were going to leave it like that until her friend took the salt again and threw it at his brother, who happened to be seated next to her. However, her calculations were wrong and the glass object was going to hit her. Fortunately, a hand caught it right before it could hit her faded bruised face.

    "Oh my—" Rebekah gasped "I'm so sorry, Rhen, I was aiming at"

    "Kol, I know" Rhena nodded, smiling gently at it "it's alright" she told the girl, then looked to her side "thanks"

    Klaus smiled softly at her as he set the salt down, but narrowed his eyes at his sister. She rolled her eyes and they continued to eat.

    "If Rhena stops visiting, now you know why" Kol smirked with a funny look on his face as he looked at his sister.

    Rebekah raised her eyebrow "Oh, please—"

    "Rhena, have you heard anything from the jobs you've applied for?" Elijah interrupted them and looked at the girl as he set down his glass.

    The Bekker girl shook her head "no, but I'm going to keep looking, I'm sure there's one out there"

    Klaus turned to her "You don't have to work, love, I've already told you I can—"

    "I know and thank you" she looked at the hybrid, nodding "but I feel useless if I just hang around my friend's houses"