04 | hurtful

| meliorism |
chapter four
❝ family ties ❞

| meliorism |chapter four ❝ family ties ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

      "I need a refill at table seven" Marcus asked and Rhena stood up from her sit behind the counter, taking a pen.

   "I got it—" Rhena said but Vicki stopped her standing in front of her, smiling.

   "It's okay Rheny, I got it" Vicki said and went to the table with a smile that looked practiced.

   "Okay" Rhena whispered and went back behind the bar, cleaning the wine and shot glasses. She looked to the table  to see why Vicki would want that table, and she instantly knew the reason.

   Tyler and his parents were there, but he didn't look very excited to see Vicki, and she could tell Vicki was mad because how she walked away, smile gone and replaced with an annoyed look.

Rhena looked up from the glasses and stared at Jeremy for a moment. When he came in he just ordered a soda, he smiled a little at Rhena but that was it, he didn't want to talk to anyone. He silently was considering the offer she made about taking an art class in the place where she had her nursing class.

   Tyler's parents left and he and Vicki came to bar, they were talking over how Tyler was embarrassed of Vicki, but he denied it, inviting her to the ball. Rhena rolled her eyes and continued her work. When he left, she looked at Vicki with a raised eyebrow and Vicki grinned in response.

   "You do realized you had to ask him to ask you?" Jeremy said and both girls looked at him, but he only looked at Vicki. Rhena looked down and Vicki moved to the other side, trying to ignore him but then they began to talk.

   Rhena stood up and went to serve more tables before going home to prepare herself to the founders ball.

  ҉

    Rhena opened the door, revealing Jenna with a huge bags and a big smile in her face.

   "Oh no" Rhena muttered, knowing what was coming.

   "Oh yeah" Jenna replied and closed the door behind her. She walked to the living room with Rhena behind her and saw the boys sitting in the couch watching a game and explaining to Indi what was happening "what are you guys doing?"

   "Watching the game" Cade answered looking between the tv and her.

   "Not anymore" she said and turn the tv off "everyone get up and get dressed, we're going to the founders ball" everyone except Indi groaned and they stood up, obeying "Come on, girls, I'm going to get you ready"