01 | beginning of the end

| meliorism |
chapter one
❝ beginning of the end ❞

| meliorism |chapter one❝ beginning of the end ❞

҉   ҉  ҉

    Rhena flinched and sat up straight in her bed, she was sweating and shaking. It wasn't unusual for her to wake up from a nightmare, but this time it felt different, it felt real.

    She didn't recalled must of it now that she was awake. She only remembered that there was a guy, she was in a highway and she felt very scared. That was it. But even though she didn't remembered the details, it still made her skin crawled at the thought of it.

    "Come on everybody, time to wake up!" she heard Cade shout in the hall. He knocked on the girl's door and did the same for the boys just to make sure they were awake.

    Rhena sighed and closed her eyes. She didn't want to get up, especially not for the first day of school.

    "Are you okay, Rheny?" someone asked close to her, causing her to flinch.

    She looked at the other side of the room and saw her little sister, Indira. She was wearing the clothes she chose for her the night before and was finishing tiding her shoes.

  "Yeah, I'm okay Indi" she replied looking at her, nodding, ignoring the concerned look in her sister's face.

  Rhena gave her a reassuring smile and got up, taking her clothes from the table to the bathroom.

She change clothes, did her business and washed her face. Rhena looked up and took a long look at her face. She had bags under her eyes and she looked tired, so she try to put a little make up on to try to fix it, even though there wasn't a big difference.

  She decided that it was enough and opened the door, just at the same time Asher was about to knock, leaving his hand hanging on the air. He dropped it, sending her a smile.

     "Morning Rhen" he said giving her a nod.

     "Morning Ash" she replied with a smile and moved to the side, allowing him to enter the bathroom. There were only two in the house, one in second floor, where most of their rooms were, and in Cade's bedroom, that was downstairs.

  She walked to the kitchen and took one of the plates with the pancakes Cade had just made, sat down and started to eat. Enjoying the silence that was rarely present in her house.

  Soon, Asher and Indira came and joined her. Then, Jax enter the room, giving her and Indi a kiss on the head and proceeded to sat down with them.

  "You guys better hurry up if you don't want to be late" Cade said taking a sip from his coffee as he entered the area where they were.