21 | when it's dark out

| meliorism |
chapter twenty-one
❝ founder's day ❞

| meliorism |chapter twenty-one❝ founder's day ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

    Rhena smiled, looking over at the final result. She was proud of what they had accomplished, apparently she was good at being a leader. Deep down, she enjoyed it, it felt good to be on command, and the best part was that people respected and followed her ideas.

She put her hands inside the pockets of her leather jacket, walking towards the boys who were dressed like soldiers. Everyone around had a role that they tried to maintain, whichever it was, it completed their theme.

She thought everyone looked good, the students had worked so hard to get this ready that she hoped the whole town enjoyed it. It was the least thing they could do.

Looking towards the group who was going to go to in their float, she smiled, walking in front of the two boys who were getting now along. She chuckled when one of them got part of the sleeve trapped against the pin in the chest, shaking her head, she went to the rescue.

"The parade hasn't even stared and you're already messing up the custom" she raised her eyebrows playfully, looking at Tyler who rolled his eyes in respond.

"Yeah, well, it's not my fault it's so itchy" Tyler made a gesture, causing her to shake her head as she went to fix what he had done. She then went to the neck and properly fixed it.

    She turned to see Jeremy, who had the same mistake around the collar. She approached slowly, and when he didn't turn her away, she fixed it for him.

    "Why can't you be up there with us dressing like a soldier? You did most of the stuff in the float" Jeremy furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at her. Beside them, Tyler scoffed, knowing well the answer like her.

    "I could, but we know the reason why, but hey, don't say it out loud, people are not ready for that conversation yet" she raised her eyebrows, giving him a small smile. Stepping aside, she sighed, looking at the two with pride "I'm going to be watching, so don't destroy the thing, yeah?"

    "No promises" Tyler popped a gum to his mouth, looking around the girls who were dressed up.

    "Good luck, soldiers" she stood straight, saluting them like a General. The two saluted the same why, and once they held the position for a few seconds, she turned around, walking away from the festive chaos.

    Rhena watched with a smile on her face the way people of the parade waved. They all seemed to be having fun, and that seemed contagious enough to get her mood improved.