03 | too much

| meliorism |
chapter three
❝ friday night bites ❞

| meliorism |chapter three❝ friday night bites ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

When Rhena woke up, she couldn't help but become worry. She had a bad feeling, but hoped that it was nothing; she was worry about Caroline because she spend the night with a stranger, for all she knew he could be a murderer or a human trafficker. Maybe she was exaggerating, but there were horrible people in this world.

  So when she arrived at school, she kissed Cade's cheek and got out of his car as fast as she could, ignoring Asher's scoldings saying that she was going to hurt herself running like that. Rhena went directly to Caroline's usual parking spot, only to find it empty for her dismay.

  She sighed heavily and checked her phone to see if Caroline had return any of her messages, but she had no notifications.

    Maybe I'm just being paranoid she thought, so she shoved her thoughts in a corner of her mind and walk to the back of the school, where she knew Delilah was.

  Her friend was sitting in the grass doing some homework and at the same time looking at boys and girls, winking at them, the boys return the wink and the girls giggled.

  Rhena rolled her eyes playfully and went with her, sitting next to her. It was a beautiful day, no clouds in the sky, it was warm, and the wind felt nice in her face.

  "Hey Lilah" she greeted taking a look at her science homework.

  "Hey Rheny" Delilah smiled at her and continued writing "you know" she said after a few moments of silence but she kept writing "it seems that I always miss the fun around here"

  "What do you mean?" Rhena asked, furrowing her eyebrows. She didn't thought there was fun around Mystic Falls, insignificant drama maybe, but fun?

    "I heard everyone was looking for Vicki and it got pretty intense" Delilah said looking at her to see her reaction, even though it was predictable what she would do.

  Rhena rolled her eyes "it wasn't fun, at all, I can assure you" she began "Tyler said something about Jeremy and Asher and I got mad, so did Elena, then we went to look for Vicki, everyone except me knew she was released...then I found her but it turns out Stefan found her first because—"

"Stefan?" Delilah interrupted "was he helping too?"

  Rhena shrugged "that's what Vicki told me, but I didn't see him, I went home with my brothers"