31 | to be human

| meliorism |
chapter thirty-one
know thy enemy ❞

| meliorism |chapter thirty-one❝ know thy enemy ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

     Time was crucial in any circumstance that involved life or death, Damon and Charles knew it. The two had been through multiple times of suffering and watching their love ones being strip away, suffering from something they couldn't do anything about. But right there, at that moment, their little girl was in critical condition. This time, they were able to do something, and they were not going to stop until they tried everything they could to save her.

    With a halt, Charles parked the car in front of the house, where Bonnie and Jeremy were already waiting outside. Charles opened the door and Damon got out before carrying out Rhena, who was still unconscious.

    "What happened?" Jermey asked upon seeing Rhena's state as Bonnie opened the door of the house and let them in.

"witchy interference, that's what happened" Damon answered to him, which no one bothered to explain any further.

Rhena was placed in the table, laying face up to the ceiling. Everyone looked day each other, aware that time was running out.

    "what do I do?" Bonnie asked Charles, she had just gotten her powers, but wasn't going to stop her from helping Rhena.

Charles nodded "I'll walk you though it" he looked up, seeing Damon and Jeremy standing, waiting to do something "Jeremy, can you bring her a blanket, she'll be cold, and something to drink to refresh her throat, Damon, bring one bowl filled with soil and as many candles as you can" They nodded and each of the went to get the requested things, while they went away, he turn to Bonnie "ready?"

Bonnie nodded and Charles motioned her to come close to Rhena "what happened to her?"

"A witch did a spell on her, I don't know the reason as to why he did it, but she wasn't prepare for it" Charles began to explain while he open the windows to get the air in.

"What exactly am I supposed to do?" Bonnie turned to see Rhena, whose's chest was barely moving.

"Get rid of the spell that is trapped in her" Charles approached the two girls "can you feel her energy?"

Bonnie closed her eyes, frowning "barely, something's blocking it"

    "I trust you're going to do a good job, Bonnie" Charles put a hand on her shoulder "your grandmother was an extraordinary witch, and I don't doubt that you will be soon following her footsteps" Bonnie smiled, nodding as she took a deep breath. The two turn to see Rhena "I need you to do an undo spell, just because the witch that did it is dead, doesn't mean the spell disappeared, it's more complexed than that"