45 | the rise and the fall of the Bekkers

| meliorism |
chapter forty-five

| meliorism |chapter forty-five

  ҉  ҉  ҉ 

    Deep in the woods, where the darkness prevailed, farther than what the human eye could ever see, was the next hope. So pure at heart, yet doomed already.

There were many expectations from both sides, already fighting to claim the newborn. It was an old and corrupted system that seemed never ending, justifying their actions with their definition of justice. Their vision was clear, different from each other, but with the same purpose, to have power.

The magic lingering around was as old as time, so deep and evolving that stood between them despite their cause. The eyes of the gods were watching from all directions, paying close attention to what it seemed to be the promise of a new hope. The power could be felt in the air by those sensitive to it, creating both a positive and negative feeling. After all, it was intimating to see a new and stronger force. One they could not control.

In the center all the soon to be chaos, was a small broken family. Two boys who seemed to be unaware of the horrible reality of their people, a mother who was losing not only her head, but her soul, and a father, who seemed to be losing hope in what he grew up believing and fighting for. In the womb of the mother, was a baby, soon to be born, due that day, exactly, not knowing the nightmare waiting outside.

Around them, the wreckage. Two groups were divided, each with an agenda and a plan that was going to bring not only chaos, but wrath. Each group stood in a good distance from each other, but keeping an eye out in case the other tried to break the sound full peace of the moment.

In each corner of the star shaped area, was an element, floating with grace in a contained bubble to symbolize its power. But because there are only 4 elements, the fifth corner was empty, waiting to be filled in case the newcomer possessed a special trait. The woods waited patiently, as well as the night sky, with the moon and the stars following suit. They were going to receive a new friend, after all.

Mixed feelings covered the sacred area, some even indescribable, for there were too strong and complex to put into words. But one thing was for certain, everyone could feel it, dancing and filling their insides, perhaps in an attempt to intimate them. However, they stood still, not speaking or mentioning it; they had to keep it down, maybe if they ignored it, it would go away. How wrong they were.

With the leaves crunching under his feet, one of the commanders from one side began to approach the middle of the circle, in front of the family. He wanted to bring comfort into their hearts, to congratulate them for their new member, but that would be a lie. Most of them thought the same; poor souls, they were going to bear another child who was doomed before even seeing the world. Yes, bringing a child into their tradition was a blessing, but also a curse. Power came in many ways, corrupting and unleashing the unimaginable into their worlds.