11 | a walking disaster

| meliorism |
chapter eleven
❝ bloodlines ❞

| meliorism |chapter eleven ❝ bloodlines ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

      Rhena typed fast, wanting to finish already. The last page of her history assignment just needed a few words and she would finally be done. It took her a couple of days to write Mr Saltzman's paper, but she did it.

    It was always hard for Rhena to write essays or research papers, because all the information would confuse her and the words would get mixed up in her head. That's why she was extremely proud of her assignment.

    "...and, that's it!"

    Rhena sighed in relief and smiled. She leaned back in the wall and closed her eyes, feeling the burden lift from her shoulders.

    "Breakfast is ready, Rhen" Indira came in the room, smiling at her. She opened her eyes and returned the smile.

    "Okay, I'll be down in minute" Rhena answered, nodding. Indira nodded in agreement in went downstairs.

    Rhena sighed and saved her work to printed out later in school. She turned off the computer and stood up, stretching her back.

She put the notebooks back in her bag and closed it, ready for the day. She was already dressed, so the only thing left was to eat, something she didn't want to do.

    From the corner of her eye, she could see the small bottle of pills standing in her night stand, a constant reminder of their existence. Sighing, she was about to reach forward to reach them and take her daily dosis, but something else caught her attention.

Her phone began to ring and she flinched, startled by the sudden noise. She took the phone, but notice it was an unknown number, again. Furrowing her eyebrows, she decline the call. Maybe it was Stefan again, or someone else she didn't have their number to.

    However, the person in the other line didn't gave up, because her phone rang again. She rolled her eyes and answered the call, wanting to get over with it already.

    "Hello?"

    "Good morning, sunshine" an enthusiastic male voice chimed, making her raised an eyebrow. She knew too well the voice by now.

    "Damon" she sighed, shaking her head.

    "Well, don't sound too excited about it" he said sarcastically. Rhena sat down in the bed, putting aside her bag.

    "What do you want?"

    "I just wanted to check up on you, making sure you're okay...you sound annoyed, but fine"

    "How did you got my number and why did you gave it to Stefan?" She questioned, confused about his sudden care for her.

    "I already told you, to make sure you were okay—" he began to explain, but Rhena quickly cut him off.