42 | golden days

| meliorism |
chapter forty-two

| meliorism |chapter forty-two

  ҉  ҉  ҉

Rhena liked routines. They kept her on schedule, organized, and she was not left with the wondering thought of what was going to happen next. She needed that kind of control in her life, the one that assured her that everything was going to be okay.

In a fast, but graceful motion, she got out of her room, dodging the mess that was in the way; her roommates and her needed to clean it up later. She made her way out of the room units, walking in her normal pace as she eagerly thought of breakfast.

As she passed several other members of the compound, she greeted them with a smile. Her wavy caramel hair was falling from a high ponytail that she took minutes into perfecting, something Caroline had taught her to do. She had her finger wrapped around her long necklace, who was happily tangling around her neck along with two others.

When she arrived in the dining room, all she could hear was the noise of the utensils being used against the metal marble plates and the sound of all the voices talking at once. Because of her senses, she could hear everything amplified, luckily for her, she had multiple people that were more than happy to help her to control that aspect. Using what she learned in practice, Rhena walked towards her usual table with a soft smile in her face that was just enough to illuminate her features.

Following the routine, she took a spot in the food line, waiting to get the food she longed. Her stomach was asking for it. The line moved relatively fast, so when she least expected, she was already picking up the food she was going to eat. After choosing, she smiled at the person behind her and made her way to the tables.

As soon as she approached, the table turned to see her with a smile. Rhena returned the smile back and sat down, turning to see Isaac. The boy wasted no time in smiling and giving her a kiss, then sitting back to stop, letting her eat her meal alone.

    "I heard Morgana is going to have guests today" Odeya informed them, raising her eyebrows as she began to take a sip of her drink.

    "Do you know who?" Nicolette asked, turning to see as she shared a look with Rhena. The Bekker girl shook her head quietly, signaling the witch that she didn't know anything about it.

    Odeya shrugged "don't know, but she didn't seemed too excited"

    "Maybe it's Damon, perhaps this time he will get what he deserves" Isaac joked, causing the two girls to laugh, but Rhena send him a glare "I'm joking, Juliet, I don't have anything against your uncle"