35 | ghost of you

| meliorism |
chapter thirty-five

| meliorism |chapter thirty-five

  ҉  ҉  ҉

It's a misunderstanding, that monsters and spirits only come out of hiding at 3 am. They don't.

The shadow preachers come out much earlier. Sometimes when the clock strikes midnight, or in other cases, during the daylight. Evil had no time, and it doesn't wait for anybody. Neither does death.

    The darkness that was out there could infiltrate and allure the most purest and naive of them all. It was manipulative and toxic, a bad pulsing pain that was there but you didn't think it was something to worry about. It grew and spread, until the little warning became a bigger threat, not only to you, but for those around you.

It had been several months since Rhena's death. It felt longer for some, quicker for many. For the outside world, she was in a getaway, living her best life out of the stress she used to put herself in. However, for the inner circle, they just waited for her to come home from the confinement's of her own mind.

No one had seen or heard anything from her, they didn't even know where her body was. Jenna's funeral came and went, leaving many hearts devastated. The days passed, but nothing came of it, they thought she was truly gone. A few days after the sacrifice, Charles had explained not only to her friends, but her family, what had really been going on with her. It was an invasion of privacy that needed to be done.

They all searched and searched for her, but to no avail. They knew she was there somewhere, but after not finding any clues, the best thing they could do was wait for her to wake up and find them. So they did that, went into their lives like normal, but still with the heaviness of her memory.

Everything was calm in the town and its surroundings, their lives were taking course and nothing was interrupting the sweet times, nothing to worry about. If you walked into the stretch of woods, everything was also calm, the birds chimed, the trees grew, nature was in peace, except for one thing.

If you walked deeper and deeper until your eyes could no longer see, where the sun did not shine due to the thickness of the flora, there was something disturbing the environment. In the ground, surrounded by roots, leaves and flowers, was a body levitating lightly from the ground.

Around her, everything was calmed and dark, the perfect place to rest, surrounded by spells and protections. Her body was healthy and breathing naturally, it was healing in a good and rapid rate. It was a good thing her friend took care of her every day, making sure she was safe and without harm.