05 | born to run

| meliorism |
chapter five
you're undead to me ❞

| meliorism |chapter five❝ you're undead to me ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

     "You had to be sick today?" Caroline asked over the phone and Rhena rolled her eyes "I needed your help to pass out some flyers"

    Rhena sighed "I had a terrible headache and I felt nauseous this morning, sorry I didn't want to be grumpy in class"

   In the morning, Rhena couldn't get out of bed, and it wasn't because of wanting to sleep more, it was because her entire body felt in pain. She had a nauseous feeling all day, feeling dizzy and weak.

    She could feel Caroline now rolling her eyes "But you're coming tomorrow right? I'm gonna need your help handling the money and stuff"

    "Of course I will, what I won't do is wear the bikini you got me" Rhena said taking a sip from the tea Cade had made her.

    "But you'll look gorgeous!" Caroline exclaimed.

It was late night and the two girls were talking about their morning; mostly Caroline because she had called her complaining about her day.

"No, Caroline, I look ridiculous" Rhena said looking at the ceiling. Indira was downstairs with the rest of her brothers watching a movies, so she could be as loud as she wanted.

"But you're wearing shorts and a top, deal?" Caroline tried to convince her and she shook her head.

"It's only a car wash, Care" Rhena said and she heard Caroline giggled.

"That's the point, get as many people as we can" Caroline said with a smile "Maybe we should wash the cars in slow motion" she chuckled "I—"

Caroline had stopped talking all of the sudden and Rhena raised an eyebrow.

"Care? Are you there?" she called out but only heard the girl's heavy breathing "Caroline!"

"I'm here" Caroline answered after a few moments "Sorry I just—I, um" she tried to talk but nothing came out. Rhena didn't know that Caroline had just heard someone called her in a whisper, or that she saw Damon in the reflection of the mirror. She was scared, but didn't tell the Bekker girl, she was just being paranoid.

"Are you okay? You sound nervous" Rhena said sitting down in her bed, tilting her head.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine, I'll see you tomorrow okay, Rheny? Love you!" Caroline said quickly and hung up the call before Rhena could answer.

Rhena frowned and looked at her screen where Caroline's number was "Love you too" she said back even though the call had just finished. She shrugged and got out of bed to get some more tea.