15 | like everybody else

| meliorism |
chapter fifteen
a few good men ❞

| meliorism | chapter fifteen❝ a few good men ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

Rhena heard a knock on the door, but she didn't moved from her place. She just kept staring at the wall in front of her, with no concrete thought on her mind. She was just blankly looking at the wall. There was another knock on her door, but she didn't respond.

Eventually, the door opened and she heard the light footsteps approaching her side of the bed. The weight next to her sunk, and she heard a heavy sigh.

"Rhena?"

Rhena closed her eyes, not wanting her eyes to start filling up with tears. Everything hurt, from her chest to her head and toes. She hadn't gotten out of bed since Bonnie's grandma funeral, staying in the same spot, not realizing the time was passing.

"I know you're awake...we need to talk"

Rhena sniffed, tighten her finger's grip around the blanket that was covering her up to her chin. She was shaking lightly, squeezing her eyes tightly, like she wanted to wake up from a nightmare.

    "I'm not going to leave until we talk"

With a shaky breath, she removed the covers from her body and sat up, turning to see her brother. She clenched her fist, suddenly feeling anger, anger that didn't belonged to her.

"What?" she asked tiredly, almost out or breath.

    "What do you mean what? You know what it's going" Cade frowned, analyzing her face and then shook his head "one, you are grounded" she opened her mouth in protest, but he didn't let her interrupt "two, you are not to leave the house unless it's for school or work, three, you won't drink again unless the doctor approves it"

    "I didn't drink!" her eyes were widen, looking at her brother with anger "I told you, I don't know how I got there, I was home a-and then I was at the Gilbert's"

    "So what? You're suddenly sleep walking?" he rose his eyebrow, not believing her.

    "I don't know because I was asleep!" she raised his voice, but then she immediately regretted, because he looked hurt "look, Cade, I...I'm really telling the truth, I didn't drink anything"

    "Then how do you explain the smell on your clothes? You being passed out?" he questioned, but she didn't had an answer to give him. She didn't even had the answers she wanted "I'm not mad that you went to a party, I'm mad that you were irresponsible, this is not like you"