Ordinary Day

Hi everyone!

I hope you like my story. (fingers-crossed)

Sorry for wrong spelling/grammar.

×××

3 months ago.

"Darlene! Table 3!" I heard the fat lady, Angel, call my name as I was wiping the counter.

I turned my head on her and she pointed table 3. I dropped the piece of cloth that I was holding as I grabbed the order slip. I headed to where table 3 is of this tiny burger shack where I was working.

There are only twenty tables here with ugly-looking orange sheets. The walls are covered with paintings of dragons. The floor is made of white tiles which turned to a yellowish color due to stains.

I saw an old bearded man sitting at his table and watched me with such interest in his eyes.

"Hi there, sexy" he complimented me in a perverted way. I can't even call that a compliment.

"What's your order?" I asked showing no interest or what-so-ever.

"I'll have a sloppy double patty burger, honey" he said in an amused tone ignoring my attitude towards him.

"That's all?" I asked giving a stare. He nodded.

As I turned my back on him, he managed to grab my butt and say, "And your fucking ass, too"

Not a good day to mess with me, dirty old man.

I turned facing him and gave him a death glance which caused him to laugh. I clenched my fist to a ball and hit him hard straight to his nose. I heard a cracking sound before he lay flat on his face. I smirked.

"I'm not in the mood, honey" I said mimicking how he said the word honey. Disgusting.

I rubbed my knuckles which started to go red and throb like it has its own heart.

It's not that I go around punching some random guy's face, but he just got into my nerves. If this was a good day, I could have just ignored it. Just like I handled other of our perverted costumers.

I heard a gasp when I saw Angel coming my way.

"Oh no. Another blacked out costumer" she said shaking her head.

"He asked for that" I shrugged before going back to I what I was doing.

That guy wasn't the first one to say hello to my fist. There were more unlucky males who kissed my knuckles. I just hate it when those guys go maniac on me. It gives me the chills, the bad ones.

I've been working here for about 5 months now. The pay is not that good but it gives me enough money to pay my rent and buy my food. I love what I'm doing here. Serving demanding people with their nasty orders, mopping the dirty floors, and cleaning the messy tables as they leave. Not really.

If I ever get the chance to leave this damn place, I would quickly do that. But I had no choice. It's not like I can actually work on somewhere more decent than this, I'm just a highschool graduate. And as far as I know, people without college degrees are not worth the high-paying jobs.

I'm not complaining or anything about my job. Truth is, I really am complaining.

I sighed.

Angel approached me.

"You can go now" she said to me.

"Okay" I simply said.

I went to the locker room where other staff of this restaurant keep their things and change to their uniforms. I looked for my keys in my pocket and opened my locker. I changed to a white top tank and skinny jeans. It's been cold this time of the year and I regret forgetting my jacket at my apartment.