The Deal

Hello everyone!

How's life been?

So here it goes.

Hope you like it :)

×××

"Come on, eat up" Gavin said as he pushed the tray of food towards me. I haven't eaten for a day.

"Tell Spencer I'd like to talk to him" I gazed my swollen eyes at him.

Spencer didn't go home last night. I'm sure he's hiding somewhere because he doesn't want to deal with me.

"He'll be here later" Gavin said.

"Then let me go see Alex. Please" I told to Gavin.

"No can do" he shook his head.

"Please" I pleaded.

"You know that I can't let you go there. Spencer strictly said not to let you go out from your room" he looked at me pitily. Well, I don't need your pity. All I need is to see Alex and to let him escape that prison.

"Where's Jared?" I asked him. I thought about Jared. He would always give me what I want though he'll risk it with Spencer. If only Jared's here, not Gavin.

"He's with Spencer" he replied.

"Why isn't he here guarding me instead of you" I said.

"Ouch. It sounds like you prefer Jared better than me" he frowned.

"Atleast he gives in to everything I want" I stick my tongue out on him.

"If I let you go see that Alex, I'd be a dead meat for sure" he chuckled.

"Well, can you telk me how Alex ended up in that creepy place. Did Spencer kidnapped him too?" I said sweat trickling down my face.

"Your assumptions are really funny" he said. I just looked at him expressionless.

"Actually, Spencer didn't do anything of that. It's your Alex's fault" he said.

"How come its Alex's fault? He was on that stupid prison!" I defended Alex since obviously, everyone here is against him.

"It's his own mistake that's why he ended up there. He sure is lucky he's not dead by now. Everyone, wolf or human, who trespasses in our territory gets up beaten and eventually dies. I'm even wondering why Spencer didn't kill him" he explained.

"What?!" I exclaimed in horror. Beaten? Die? Kill? Is this really how horrible and bloody the wolf world is?

"Even humans? They can't even defend themselves much more hurt you!" I said.

"That's how it goes" he shrugged.

"We can't take risks of our kind being exposed to humans. It's for our own safety. It's for everyone in the pack. That's why we put a 'No Trespassing' sign to warn them off but your Alex sure doesn't understand the meaning of that word" he added. I just sat there listening at him.

"Spencer might have your Alex slipped if he didn't see the wolves patrolling the border. He's really lucky the wolves didn't tear him to pieces. Just a few scratches" he continued.

"What?! They attacked him?!" I shouted.

"Yup. They thought he was a threat considering the fact that he was carrying a loaded gun. Don't worry . It's just a few scratches" he assured me. But I wasn't calming down until I saw Alex in flesh and bone.

But I was shocked that Alex had a gun. He wasn't a violent person or anything close to that but I haven't known he has a gun. He didn't tell me.

Just then, someone entered the room. I don't need to look at the door to see who it was. Just the sparkles I felt, I'm sure it's Alex.

I'm also sure that Spencer gestured for Gavin to go out of the room. I turned on my back and lied on the bed. I pulled my blanket over my head.

Oh god. Why do I have to deal with him this way. I thought.

Like you've got another choice. I replied to myself.

"Gavin said you haven't eaten anything" he started.

I didn't move.

"Darlene baby, please. Don't act like this again" he whimpered sitting beside me on the bed.

Talk to the air. I thought.

I've tried the silent treatment last time and it worked. I hope it works now. It should.

Please work.

"I didn't do anything to Alex. I just kept him in cell" he explained.

I won't believe you unless I see him myself.

"I would have let him go if he didn't come budging in someone's property. And he saw some of my men in wolf form" he continued.

I still didn't make a move.

"Darlene, please" he reached out his hand on mr and rubbed my back covered with the blanket. I moved away.

"Why are you acting like that?!" he suddenly changed his calm tone into an angry tone.

I pulled down my covers unveiling my face and looked at him with my eyes narrowing.

"Sorry. It's just that you're acting this way again. All because of that Alex" he looked at me.

I stood up and grabbed the pen and paper which I told Gavin to get for me. I scribbled down something and showed it to him.

"What? You're not going to talk to me until I let you go see that Alex? No way!" he shook his head.

I gave him a whatever look.

"Darlene, why are you so complicated" he told me.

Really? So I'm more complicated than his stupidness. I sighed.

I juat ignored him and went back to bed.

Talk all you want.

"If you really want to see him, then I guess we'll have to make a deal" he said in a low tone.

I pulled my covers back down again but I didn't look at him. I think that can say I'm willing to make an arrangement with him.

"So this is how it'll go then" he started realizing my signal for him to start talking about his proposal.

After telling the deal, I sat on the bed with my eyes widening. I looked at him and he really seemed serious. His eyes meant business and his lips were in a tight close.

Seriously? That's his proposal?

I think I have to say yes seeing that I have no other options.

You need to save Alex. I reminded myself. Yes, this is all for Alex. If it wasn't for me, he'll be free from this situation. If it wasn't for me, he will not be suffering. If it wasn't for me, he'll be in a better state.

"Okay" I agreed as I saw him give me a smile, but much more like a half-smile and half-smirk.

Shit.

×××

Yay. OMG!

Thank you for everyone who added this book to their reading list, to everyone who liked and commented, and everyone who supported me from the first chapter and til now. Thank you so much!

Anyway, watcha think about this chapter?

-M.M