The Second Mate

Hey there :D

I missed you guys.

So I decided to write another chapter for you.

Sorry for any errors.

xxx

I slumped down behind a tree. Leting the rain fall through me.

How can this be happening? I thought everything's alright by now. But guess what. It became more confusing. Me? Having a second mate? How could that be? How?

Moon goddess, why? I cried silently.

First, Alex. Next, Spencer and now, Alpha Dylan.

How could this really be?

Does Spencer know about second mates? Does he know that his cousin claims me to be his mate too?

I let my hands over my chest. Feeling my fast beating heart. Its racing like I've been in a rodeo tournament and lost grip of the mad bull.

Just then, a mad Alpha Dylan was in front of me. Like me, he was wet from the waterfalls and from the harsh pouring rain.

"Don't ever run away from me!" he said angrily.

"How can I not be mad at you! You're telling me that you're my mate when you knew that your cousin's my mate" I said wiping the rain dripping from my face. I sure look like a wet duck that time.

"Oh Darlene. I know it was a bad idea to tell you" he sighed sitting beside me.

"It really is" I agreed.

"Do you remember the first time we've met?" he changed his tone into a more calmed one.

I nodded.

"Well, your scent hit me that's why I came back for you" he started.

"Yeah. Then you left me all by myself in the road" I remembered alright.

"That's because I saw your mark on your neck" he said putting his hands over his face. I just looked at him.

"I don't know how to react that time" he admitted.

"And I don't know how to react right now" I admitted too.

"I was just unsure that time. It's a good thing Spencer hasn't claimed you yet" he said in a relieved voice.

"But you know I can't be with you, right?" I said just to make sure he understands that I have Spencer now.

"It's not too late though" he said. This time, I sighed.

"I can do something to remove Spencer's mark on you" he said cupping my chin so we could see each other eye to eye.

Suddenly, I felt a strong pang of guilt in my chest. It is for the reason that I felt a funny tingles running through my spine. Shit. Mate thingy.

"I can mark you then Spencer's mark could disappear" he suggested hopefully.

I shook my head.

"Alpha Dylan, no" I exclaimed in a firm tone. I saw sadness appear in his eyes.

If what his saying is true. Then he could just mark me then my connection with Spencer would be gone. Is that it?

"You said that you could have two mates, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"Then why don't you look for your other soulmate" I suggested.

"I've met her already" he said. The sadness in his eyes transitioned in his voice.

I just sat there stuck looking in his eyes.