Fulfilled

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the late update.

Here goes the next chapter.

Sorry for any errors.

×××

I wiped my tears off. Brushing the hair off my face.

I should stop crying now. I did what I have to do. I freed Alex. I should be happy now that I've totally let go of him. It hurts me not because I still love him, but because I won't see him ever again.

What I said was true. I don't love him as a lover, like I once did. But I still love him as a friend. He definitely has a special place in my heart and no one can ever replace that.

The phone rang. I immediately jumped on my feet and grabbed the phone.

"Hello?" I said not expecting who was on the other line.

"Darlene, its me" the other person on the line said.

"Henrietta?" I asked. A smile forming in my lips.

"Yup. Sorry, I had to deal with some things here. I just got this time to call you" she apologized.

"It's okay" I replied.

"Are you okay?" she asked me. Though I can't see her, I know she noticed the hint of sadness in my voice.

"Yes" I simply answered.

"Are you sure? You sound troubled" she said.

"Yes.Nothing to worry about" I said livening my voice.

"You know you can tell me about anything, right? Anyway, how's everything there?" she told me.

"Everything's fine. Spencer is a mutthead as usual" I sighed.

"He doesn't change, does he?" she answered chuckling.

"I miss you" those words came out from nowhere. But I honestly miss her, though. I need a drink buddy now.

"Oh, Darlene. I miss you, too!" she said.

"When are you coming back? I don't have anyone to talk to here" I admitted.

"Well, Spencer and Gavin is there. I'm sure they'd love to talk you" she suggested.

"I'm thinking about girl talk. And you can't bet on those two" I giggled.

"I know right! Anyway, I have to talk to you about something. I was on a rush so I haven't told you when I was there" she said. I could feel her uneasiness.

What could that be?

I stay silent which means she could continue talking.

"I found my mate" she sighed.

"Wow! Really? Who is he?" I asked her in so much excitement.

"I'll tell you but please don't tell anyone, even Spencer" she said.

"Of course, just tell me who he is?" I said with smile all over my face. Finally, she found her mate. I don't have to worry about her anymore. I'm so happy for her.

"Babe, who you talking to?" Spencer said walking inside the room with no shirt on. He went to have a run earlier.

"Is that Spencer? I'll have to go. Call you later" Henrietta said cutting the call before I could even say anything.

"Henrietta" I simply answered as I put the phone down.

"Well, what did she tell you?" he asked as he sat down on the couch.