Letting Go

"There is a difference between 'goodbye' and 'letting go'.

Goodbye is 'I will see you again once I'm ready to hold your hand and you are ready to hold mine'.

Letting go is 'I will miss your hand. I realize they are not mine to hold and I will never hold it again'".

-Unknown

So this will be a bye bye for someone in our story.

I guess so, or not?

Well, we'll see :)

So here it goes.

×××

Spencer was holding my hand as we walk down the dark hallway of the jail. The smell of musty dew, sweat, blood and rust filled the air. Choking.

I covered my nose as I followed him. The first cell is occupied by two guys. I'm sure they're wolves or rogues as Spencer calls them. Whatever that means, Spencer said they are dangerous.

"Hey! Human! Want to join us here. We've been lonely for sometime" one of the rogues shouted as both chuckled inside their cells.

They looked like crazy maniacs as they looked at me with pure lust. It's sickening. Spencer tightened his grip on my hands pulling me faster.

"You sure look deliciously hot! I'd gladly ba-" the rogues sentence was cut short when Spencer grabbed a glass bottle with a white liquid inside it and spattered them with it. Their annoying laughter was replaced by loud scream of pain.

I covered my ears as I followed Spencer deeper into the hallway.

"What was that thing you poured them?" I asked him as soon as we were in a safe distance.

"Acid" he simply answered.

Ouch. That'll really hurt. But actually, I could care less.

I noticed the place they call prison or jail doesn't fit its name. For me, it looks likre more of a dungeon, a torturing dungeon. I saw hand and feet shackles attached to the old dirty brick walls. I also saw something which looks like a guillotine. There are several silver axes on some sort of a wooden case that hangs on the hallway.

It looks like I'm in some sort of a movie where the time was too long ago. When they still have witches tied on a pole and burnt or vampires being beheaded and stuffs like that. It was really terrifying.

But some of the cells were empty. Like it was never occupied or the one occupying it was dead or killed.

I also noticed how wide the dungeon is. I thought it was small since it was located underground, but I was wrong. It has around seventy cells. Woah. Do they get a lot of trespassers or what?

Then we stopped in a wooden door. There were two guards in front of it. As soon as they saw Spencer, they both bowed their heads as they moved to the corner to make way for me and Spencer.

And there I saw Alex. He was asleep on the corner of the room where a thin piece of cloth was laying. His hands were ties on the back and his feet were tied together. My eyes were watery because of pity.

"They have to tie him down since he won't calm down. If we don't, we have to use tranquilizers" Spencer said as he closed the door behind me.

I was about to approach Alex when Spencer grabbed my hands and yanked me to face him.

"No kissing him. I mean it" he growled in a low tone.

"Seriously Spencer?" I rolled my eyes on him. He just smirked and kissed me on my lips before releasing me.