Goodbye, I guess?

Well, brace yourselves. Hi hi

Here goes the next chapter.

Darlene's POV.

Sorry for any errors.

×××

I held Alpha Dylan's hands and started massaging it.

"Hi Alpha Dylan. Um. Can I call you just Dylan?" I asked the sleeping Alpha Dylan.

"I guess it's okay. So Dylan, my name's Darlene Benson. Since we hadn't had the chance to introduce ourselves. You were being a jerk that time" I smiled remembering the day we met.

"You know what, you're not a jerk. You're actually cool and awesome. I don't know but I felt like telling you a story right now. So you better listen okay?" I said like he's gonna answer me.

"So I take that as a yes. I'm actually an orphan. Orphan because I never saw my parents. Not even their shadows. I grew up in an orphanage. I lived with god-knows how many foster parents. I though that maybe, just maybe, one of them would adopt me so I behaved well. But guess what, I always end up back in the orphanage. I yhoughy, 'Is there something wrong with me?' I always cried myself to sleep every night." I paused for a while, inhaling a deepo one.

"Then when I thought I was old enough to live by myself, I ran away from the orphanage and lived by myself. I worked around two jobs a day and one at night to support myself. And gladly, I let myself finish high school. I wanted to go to college and become a nurse but I can't afford to. That's why when I graduated from high school, I worked real hard so that I can save up for my college tuition. That's when I met Alex" I bit my lip remembering Alex.

"He was a doctor in one of the famous and prestigious hospital in our town. He maybe also the youngest surgeon I knew. I met him in the hospital. We bumped into each other. And all started there. He's actually my first kiss. We've been together for around three years when he proposed to me. The funny thing is that I ate our engagement ring. I didn't know he put the ring in the sundae. I didn't notice it kept on eating. Oh boy. If you've only seen my reaction that time, I would assure you, you would laugh your ass off. We went to the hospital and the doctor gave me something to make me want to p**p. I won't tell you in detail, it's gross" I was smiling all by myself. I wiped the bead of sweat off his forehead.

"Then we were about to be wedded when your cousin came and kidnapped me. Yes, you're cousin did that. I really don't know anything about wolves that time. I even tried escaping but Spencer always caught me. I always end up in this house. We would argue everytime but we would always patch things up by the end off the day. Your cousin might seem like a complete jerk, but he's not. You too are similar actually" I said.

"And Alex, I'm really sorry for what he did. Alex used to be a sweet and cxaring guy. He loved me. I'm sure he did. He was always there for me. But he suddenlky changed. And that's entirely my fault. I hope you can forgive him" I don't know but I guess my eyes are not working right since its pouring water again.

"So Dylan, please stay strong. I know you can surpass this. You're an alpha, right? And Alphas don't back down. You told me that. So Dylan, please wake up already" I said dropping my head down on the bed, crying my heart out.

"D-Don't cry" It was barely audible but I heard it. Dylan spoke!

"Dylan!" I cried in total happiness as I raised his hands on my face and kissed it.

Spencer came in the room in a rush.

"Is everything okay? I heard you scream" Spencer said concerned but he relaxed seeing Dylan with his eyes open.

"How are you? Do you feel okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" I copied what Spencer told me the time I woke up.

Dylan smiled. Spencer just stayed at the back motionless.

"I'm really happy you're awake!" I cried once again.

"I'm happy to see you're okay" Dylan murmured.

"Do you want to eat something?" I asked him. I looked at Spencer and geatured him to go prepare the fruits. He nodded and went out of the room.

"I heard everything you told me" Dylan started. Thoygh he's talking, his voice was weak and you can literally feel that he's still weak.

"And I'm really happy you turned out to be my mate. Though you chose the jerk over me" he joked. I chuckled.

"Anyway, I hope you two will love each other forever" he continued.

I nodded.

"Darlene, for the short time that I knew you, though it felt like forever, I've fallen in love with you, not only because of the bond thijng, but because you are lovable" he looked at me seriously. Then he started to cough hard. I rubbed my hands on his chest. I dokn't know what to do.

"I'll be with you though I'm gone. I'd be your guardian angel" he said with a smile on his lips.

"Don't be like that" I said with every hair on my body raising. Why does it feel like he was saying goodbye. It gives me the bad chills.

"Don't ever forget about me" he started to cough once again.

"Lastly, always remember that I love you" Dylan said before closing his eyes.

"So after telling me that you love me, you're going to sleep on me?" I chuckled shaking him.

"Dylan?" I asked in panic as he wasn't moving. I stood up and closed my face yo his chest, trying to catch a hear beat. But in much pain, I couldn't hear any heart beat.

"Dylan, please don't joke around. This isn't funny!" I said shaking him once again. But he wasn't moving, even a flinch.

"Dylan, wake up please!" I'm going crazy now.

"Spencer!" I shouted as I fell on the floor crying. I feel like the world shatter in front of me.

Is this it? Another goodbye?

×××

So you can kill me now.

Please don't, I still have to finish this book.

I really hate to do that, but blame wolfsbane! Whoever invented that wicked thing.

-M.M