Of Lunas and Nuns

Hello everyone!

How is everyone doing?

This chapter is on Darlene's POV still.

I hope you like it.

×××

I was standing on the top of the four feet high marble railings of the veranda. I have my eyes shut and I let the cool air pass swift me. It was already getting dark and the sun's rays are starting to fade.

I think I have to end everything now.

The thing about Alex and the thing about Spencer. If ever, I'd decided to get away from both men and go far away. Far away to a place where no one would know me. And maybe, I will become a nun. That's the best decision I ve made so far.

I would like to stay with Spencer but things keep getting in our way. I've just realized something which can complete the picture of why I'm here. Though it hurts me more than anything, it also makes me angry.

Suddenly, an arm grabbed me from the waist and bringing me down from the top of the railings. I know whose arms are those. Just from the sparkling sensation, I could tell that it was Spencer.

"What do you think you're doing?!" he was angry. His forehead was crunched.

"Didn't you see? I was standing!" I snapped.

"You were about to jump!" he retorted.

"No, I wasn't!" I replied as I dashed inside the room and sat on one of the chairs.

He relaxed a little and followed me inside the room.

"I now know the reason why everyone's calling me Luna" I was about to choke when I said the last word.

"Y-You know?" he stuttered.

"Yes, I know" I said.

He just stood there quietly.

"You kidnapped me because you think I'm Luna. But I'm not. My name's Darlene, Darlene Benson. Maybe, I even look like Luna. I don't know if Luna's your dead girlfriend or some girl who just left you" I started. But I've got the most annoying reaction of all time, he dropped on one of the chairs and laughed so hard. Tears were rolling down his cheeks as he wiped them by his hands.

"What did you just say?" he asked me again. There were no longer any trace of anger on his face.

"I've said a lot and I know you've heard it" I said not taking my eyes off him.

He started to laugh again like there was something terribly funny about what I said.

I hope you choke.

"I'm leaving" I said standing up. That's when he stopped laughing and looked at me seriously.

"I decided to ignore both you and Alex. I also decidesd to become a nun" I said in a straight voice.

"Are you serious?" I can obviously see that his trying hard to contain his laughter.

"Why do you keep on laughing at me?" I screamed at him. I was totally pissed. Here I was, seriously talking and there he was, laughing hiss ass off. What a complete jerk.

"Because you've gotten the Luna thing all wrong and the nun thing, just funny" he explained.

"So who's Luna?" I asked him.

"You" he smiled.

"I still don't get it. Why call me Luna when I've got my own name. And I like my name better" I said honestly.

"It's what they call my future wife" he said standing up and getting to the veranda. I followed him.

"Future wife? We're not even dating!" I said, shocked.

He made his way near me. He snaked his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. My eyes leveled on his shoulder. He cupped my chins up to meet his eyes. I wasn't able to complain when he landed his lips in mine. Giving me a quick but satisfying kiss.

"I guess, that makes it official" he said, grinning.

"What th-" he likes cutting my sentences.

"Don't speak" he said.

"I can speak whenever I want to. This is a free country!" I retorted pulling myself away from him. He let me go.

"You are a jerk, do you know that?" I rolled my eyes.

"I know. But you're the first one who's ever said that straight in my face" he chuckled.

"Obviously, they were afraid of you" I said.

"Why say that?" he asked, confused.

"Seriously? You don't know?" I sighed.

"Tell me" he said moving forward, lessening the space between us.

"Because you go punching everyone!" I sighed, once again.

He just grinned.

"And you know what. I think you need to go to the psychiatrist" I suggested. His brows went up.

"I'm thinking you have a serious case of personality disorder. One time, you're sweet and the next thing, you go shouting and clenching your fist" I added.

"Don't worry. I'm completely normal" he said and gave me a wink.

"And the idea of you becoming a nun is turning me on" he said licking his lips.

"You are gross!" I shrieked and throw him the first thing I saw, a vase. He caught it with his hands and set it down the floor.

"You'd like it though" he said laughing again.

"In your freaking dreams" I gave him a death glare.

He was about to speak when we heard a knock on the door. Spencer made his way to the door and opened it. It revealed a pretty girl, I'm guessing she's the same age as mine. She's wearing a high low hem shirt revealing her belly button. She paired it with ripped denim shorty shorts and spiked heels. Her appearance would look slutty on some girls but it looked pretty decent on her.

"I heard you've found your luna" she said with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Yes, when did you arrive?" I heard Spencer ask her.

"Just an hour ago, I decided to go here and check the luna" she gazed her eyes on the room and her eyes landed on me. She gave me a sweet smile and entered the room.

"Hi! I'm Henrietta" she introduced herself.

×××

Sorry. It's kinda short.

I'll make it up to the next chapter.

Thank you for reading!

Love you guys!

Anyway, is the book cover okay or do I have to change it?

-M.M