Any Other Way

Hello everyone!

Please check my new book NUTELLA AND THE ALPHA. I would appreciate it very much.Thank you :D

Here goes the next chapter.

This is Alex's POV and Darlene's POV.

×××

Alex's POV

Margaret turned out to be an amazing person. I felt guilty using her but I have to.

She brought me to her house and I stayed there for two days now. Everytime I woke up, there would be a breakfast prepared for me. She also sees to it that I don't get bored. He brought me cd's for me to watch.

I also learned that Margaret is an orphan, like Darlene. So she lives alone.

I noticed some similiraties between Margaret and Darlene. They both laugh at the smallest things. They love watching Pretty Little Liars and mango juice. Margaret is also very sweet and caring.

I don't know why but I'm starting to feel good whenever Margaret is near. I have the urge to see her everytime. And it's kinda creeping me out. I always remind myself that I have a mission to accomplish that's why I'm here.

"Alpha Spencer is throwing a party tonight. I think he's going to announce their wedding. Do you want to come?" Margaret said as we were watching another episode of Pretty Little Liars.

Wedding? Really. I could laugh sarcastically now.

"Oh. Who's Alpha Spencer?" I asked her innocently like I didn't know anything.

"Oh. Uhm, the owner of this land" Margaret answered like she was taken off guard.

"Sure. I'll go with you" I smiled at Margaret. Perfect! Destiny's coming to my side. I could execute my plan then.

"Really?" Margaret was obviously happy. Weird girl.

I nodded.

Night came. I wore a casual shirt and khaki shorts. Margaret is wearing a floral dress and she looked gorgeous.

We went to Spencer's house. The party is being held in the wide lawn of the house and there was a crowd everywhere. My eyes gazed throughout the crowd searching for Darlene and Spencer. But i couldn't find them.

Margaret and I sat on the far corner of the lawn. Then, peoplr started to clap when Spencer and Darlene stepped out of the house. She was holding Spencer's hand.

Darlene looks so beautiful. She was wearing a plain white dress. Just angelic. I couldn't stop myself from hating Spencer taking Darlene away from me.

Then my eyes met Spencer's. He looked shock and was turning red. She turned to Darlene and whispered something. Darlene's expression changed as she gazed her eyes and saw me.

Surprised? Aren't we? I thought.

I gave them both a menacing smirk. I saw them approach us.

"What are you doing here?" Spencer asked obviously trying hard not to ahow his anger sice there was a crowd around us.

"Attending your little show" I smirked.

"Alpha, he is with me" interrupted Margaret.

"Alex..." I heard Darlene say in a low tone.

"Congratulations" I pushed myself to say that though what I really wanted to say is 'go to hell and rot there forever'.

"Thanks" Darlene smiled.

"Margaret, come with me" Spencer said to Margaret.

"Baby, stay here okay? Don't worry. Jared is on the lookout" Spencer said looking at Darlene before leaving with Margaret trailing behind him.

"So you're getting married huh" I said to Darene.

"Alex, please don't be like that"she said lowering her gaze.

"Isn't this awkward? Like getting married for the second time" I couldn't control myself.

"Alex, just be happy for me" Darlene sighed.

"I am. That's why I brought a gift for you and Spencer" I said bringing out a bottle of wine.

"Thanks" Darlene smiled as she received the bottle from me.

What she doesn't know is that it contained wolfsbane. Once a wolf drink it, he or she would suffer from pain and eventually die. But if a human drinks it, the worst thing that could happen is to faint but be okay after. Darlene would be safe. I smiled.

Just then Spencer came with Margaret. He seemed a little bit relaxd now. I wonder why. They excused themselves as they went back to where they were sitting. I was left with Margaret. I can't really help it but laugh deep inside.

Darlene's POV

I can't believe that Alex is here, attending my engagement party. But he looked better now compared last time that I saw him. And what's more shocking is what Spencer said.

Spencer talked to Margaret and Margaret said that Alex is her mate. Fate is really playful. But I'm really happy for both of them. Atleast Alex would be really happy now.

I went inside the house leaving Spencer talking to his parents. I had the bottle of wine which Alex gave me.

I decided to have a taste if it so I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and poured my self a drink. I took a sip and it tasted good.

Just then, Alpha Dylan came.

"Getting drunk in your engagement party? It looks like you're having a doubt" he smirked.

"Just chilling" I answered him ignoring his comment.

"Oh well, mind if I join you? I feel bad that my mate's marrying other guy" he sighed.

"No problem" I said giving him another glass and poured him the wine. He took a sip.

"Wolfsbane!" Alpha Dylan shouted as he spit out what he drank. Choking on the process.

"What?!" I asked confused. Then Alpha Dylan started to tremble and shake.

"What's happening?!" I said as I came near Alpha Dylan who was now down on the floor.

"Oh my god! What's happening!" I started to cry.

But my eyes started to see black orbs dancing around the room. My head started to ache tremendously. I started to feel numb and my throat started to burn.

The last thing I remember was shouting Spencer's name as everything turned black.

×××

Eeeek.

Will Alpha Dylan and Darlene be okay?

Anyway, tell me what you think :)

Please don t forget to check out my new book, Nutella and the Alpha. Thank you very much!

-M.M