Finding the Bride

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?

If our love is insanity, why are you my clarity?

- Clarity by Zed & The Foxes

I feel like singing :)

Anyway, here goes the next chapter.

We've got Alex's POV right here.

×××

Sixth day.

The sixth day that Darlene is missing. And I haven't given up in finding my lost bride. I mean, atleast I haven't given up. Everyone thinks she ran away with another man. Or that she was just using me. And the hell with them. They don't know Darlene like I knew her.

I remembered our family's conversation last night.

"Alex, I think you're going to far" my dad sighed as we sat eating our dinner. I'm really not in the mood to eat but I have to.

I just gazed at my food, stirring my spoon on the chicken soup. We've had too many conversations about me finding Darlene. They've all given up on her. It hasn't been a week yet!

"Don't you think it's too much of an effort you're doing? I mean, if Darlene wants to reveal herself to you then she would have done it a few days ago?" he continued.

"Yes, I think you better start moving on because I'm sure she's not coming back" added Jasmin.

"And your sister may be right. We don't know if Darlene's coming back or she might decided not to" he agreed with Jasmin.

I just continued stirriung the soup ignoring whatever they have to say.

"Why don't you take a leave and go on vacation to Italy with your sister?" dad suggested.

"Yes. That'll be a great idea!" I heard Jasmin say with much delight.

Really? Do they think that'll work? Do they really even think I can just forget about Darlene and leave the state like nothing happened?

"I'm not on the mood to eat" I said putting the fork down and standing up my seat. Dad and Jasmin looked at me with astonished looks.

"Alex, sit down" dad ordered. But instead of obeying him, I just walked out of the room before I forgot they're even my family.

I sighed.

I must admit my hopes are not getting high and my chances of finding Darlene's getting lower. I've been to every place she might go to but she wasn't there. Her work place, the park, her apartment, and even the houses of her friends.

She left without even leaving a trace. How can that be? There's not even a single clue to give me a headstart in finding her.

Did she really ran away? Did she had a cold feet? Did someone forced her to leave me on our wedding day? Was she kidnapped?

The last one didn't settle real well with me. If anything bad happens to her, I think I'd surely lose my sanity. I uttered a silent prayer.

Now, I am with Jason. It's a good thing that my bestfriend wasn't giving up on Darlene either. He's really a good friend and he's been with me all the time I've been looking for Darlene.

We've been to every nearby town and we haven't had any information about Darlene. And were driving to a town rather far from ours. I don't think she'll be here since the town is surrounded by woods but it's better to try though.