Third Revelation

"There are no secrets that time does not reveal"

-Jean Racine

Third revelation right here.

I hope you like it.

Still on Darlene's POV.

×××

Henrietta.

The first girl whom I thought I could trust my life with since I came to stay here. The first person whom I feel like I'm my own being, like I don't have to act or pretend. The first one whom I already consider a close friend despite the fact that we've only known each other for a short time.

It turned out, she is the same person who would hide something important to me. The same person who would play with my feelings. Include that Stupid Spencer. He didn't tell me about his brother and now I have to learn fron someone else that his first love is a "friend" of mine. The irony of fate twisting everything to make my life as complex as possible.

How could they both do this to me? They made me look like a fool. I trusted them both, and I think I deserve to know the truth, at least.

I even remembered my conversation with Henrietta just this morning. Henrietta is still inlove with the guy he left. And I'm guessing the guy we were talking about was no else but Stupid Spencer.

Friends? Screw them! I screamed in silence. I even remember how they told me they were just friends. In their face!

I wanted to face Spencer and Henrietta so I could slap them the truth but guess what I did instead, I ran away and cried.

I didn't even know where I was going. All I know is that I entered the dark wood. I wanted to get away from that place.

All I can feel is my heart pounding my chest like a Thor's hammer sending a thousand of volts in every part of my body. It was painful. It was unbearable.

What did I do to deserve this? Don't I deserved to love and be loved? Am I really that unworthy piece of shit everyone believes I am? Am I? Will anyone tell me?

I slumped down and leaned on of the trees crying my heart out. I thought I was able to find real love. Just after being kidnapped from Alex and all the drama in my life, I thought everything will be alright. But I was wrong. My life wasn't going to be right. Not now, not tomorrow. In short, not ever.

I don't know why I'm feeling so emotional right now.

Yes, all they did was hide from me the truth that they were once lovers. It wasn't that big deal, right? But it was for me.

I've grown up not feeling any love from anyone. I forced to love myself because I know no one else is going to love me. I will be alone forever.

Came Alex, my knight in a shining armor who rescued me from the dark side of my life. I was a damsel in distress whose cries were heard by his knight.

Entered Spencer, the kidnapper who kidnapped me from my knight. At first, I wanted to escape from him his hands but I started to fall in love with him and as it turned out he was a prince.

Appeared Henrietta, the princess who was loved by the prince. And the princess also loved him back.

I forgot that I was just a damsel and not a princess. I wasn't fit for Spencer.

I wasn't part of their happily-ever-after.

I was in the middle of all my emotions when I heard a twig snapped. I immediately wiped my eyes and stood up. My eyes wandered through the dark woods. Trying to make figures out of shadows and figures by the moon's light. My heart was pounding hard but not because of hurt or anything but because of fright.

"Who's there?" I shouted.

I was hoping Kian and Mason would walk out of nowhere like the fiurst time I met them.

No answer.

I'm sure that this time, you're imagining things. I calmed myself.

I took a long breathe before releaing a puff. Just as I was to walk, another twig snapped.

Okay, I guess you weren't imagining things. I began to panic. I immediately took huge steps.

"I swear, Kian and Mason, if you're trying to scare me I'm going to kill both of you. This isn't funny" I cried picking up my pace.

But no one answered me.

Bad chills went creeping through my skin like a bad dream as I felt someone or something is following me. I can feel that if I walk faster, the creep would walk faster too. And if I slow down, it slows down too.

Oh gods and godesses, please save me. I silently prayed.

I hate wearing this freaking dress. If I was wearing a jeans then I could have run and not fucking walk. I can assure you, it sucks to be me right now.

First second, I was sitting and crying and whimpering, Then next second, I was half-jogging and half-walking through the woods. How crazy could my life be?

I wished Spencer was here.

And now you want him? I thought you wanted to get away from him. Yeah, right. Thanks for reminding me.

Then I heard a loud breathing behind the trees just a few feet away. I turned on my back to look but was totally stunnd to see a gold eyes glimmering. I wasn't able to see or figure out what it was since it was so dark and its eyes are the only thing visible.

But I was sure of one thing. The thing with the golden eyes isn't a friend or a good creature. So I immediately turned forward and ran as fast as I can.

I feel the thing just a few inches behind me and that was what kept me running. I don't want to end up as a dinner for some goldened-eye monsters. I heard it growl viciously and I wasn't going to act like a brave little one to turn my back and look at it.

As unlucky as I could ever be, my foot git tangled into a root and I fell forward ti the ground.

I'm dead.

I felt its breathe running towards my back. It was warm and it wass an unpleasant feeling. I can hear its teeth grinding and feel his saliva drooping on my back. Gross.

I never imagined myself dying in a situation like this. It's horrible and gross at the same time. I can see the newspapers headline on tomorrow's newspaper. It would say, "A Brokenhearted Girl Found Broken Into Pieces".

I gave out a final sigh before deciding to look at my death. And wasn't I both terrified and awestruck when I saw what it was.

I thought all along that there kind was extinct in our state for centuries. I was totally wrong. In front of me stood a vicous looking big black wolf.

Third revelation of the night. Wolves still do exist in our state.

And I was its supper.

×××

Yay. I don't really know how I did with this chapter.

Please be kind and tell me what you think.

Thank you so much!

And oh, expect a fourth revelation. *wink*

-M.M