The Groom

Well, I guess we owe the groom a POV.

After he was left waiting for her not-coming-bride at the church.

Geez. Not cool. But hey, it's how the story goes.

So here it is.

×××

Alex's POV

30 minutes.

It's been thirty minutes and my bride wasn't still here. I'm growing anxious and nervous at every minute that passes by.

I, I mean, we tried calling her phone number but she wasn't answering. Her phone's dead.

Sweat's forming on my face and all I could do is wipe it.

"She'll be here. Don't worry" Jason assured me. He's my bestfriend and my best man.

"Yeah" that's all I can answer.

I know something's wrong but I just can't pinpoint what is it.

Traffic, may be. Or still wasn't ready because of make-up thing. I'm trying my best not to panic.

But we called her make-up artist and she said she's done Darlene's make-up an hour ago. We tried calling the driver who's going to drive her here and he's not picking his damn phone either.

Shit. She's going to ditch me. Darlene is going ti ditch me. The realization hit me like a baseball bat. Right straight to my face. Painful.

I started to walk out of the church removing my dark blue tuxedo and loosening my plain black tie. I decided to go check check the villa where she was staying.

I know Darlene. She's not the kind of girl who just gets lost into thin air without even leaving a message or a note. Not especially on this very important day.

"Where are you going?" I heard my dad ask me as I went to my car.

"I'll go check Darlene. Maybe something's gone wrong" I answered opening the car.

"I'll go with you" he insisted.

"No, stay here. I want you to stay here. What if Darlene gets here and we both are not here, what would she think?" I replied before jumping into my car. But before I drove off, I heard him gave a deep sigh. A sigh which would have mean, it's hopeless.

When it comes to Darlene, it isn't hopeless. I'm full of hope. She's that important to me. I don't want to risk any chance of losing here. Not now. Not ever.

I stepped on the accelarator, overtaking cars which were slow to drive.

I grabbed my phone and started dialling Darlene's phone number again. To my unluckiness, it's still dead.

Then the memories of last night swept through my mind, haunting me.

Darlene's bachelorette party started two hours ago. They spent their her party at a rented famous videoke bar and restaurant. Mine's will start a little late so I decided to check her up. You can't blame me if I missed my soon-to-be bride already, would you?

I called her on the phone and asked her if she could come out at the parking area of the bar. She went to meet me immediately in my car after she received my call.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" she smiled at me.

She looked darn pretty. She was wearing a black tube dress with little butterflies and beads on the chest area. She paired it with a dark blue flats. Her brown wavy hair was left untied as it gracefully bounces of her back. Her cheeks were flushed. Beer, may be?