Followed Again

"Never give in and never give up."

-Hubert H. Humphrey

Hello everyone!

Right here is a short chapter on Alex's POV.

Just to give you a clue on what will happen next on the coming chapters.

I hope you like it.

×××

It's been a week. It's been a very torturous week since I've last seen Darlene.

Yes, I already found her but then, lost her again when she decided to go with the two strangers rather than going with me. It was crazy and weird at the same time.

How come I didn't know he has guy friends? I haven't seen them before and I'm sure Darlene didn't mention about them.

I must admit that I was hurt when Darlene didn't come with me. I can feel that she's totally bothered about something and she kept on saying she'll explain things. I kept on asking her to come with me but she denied me. Ouch.

The day I found Darlene, I decided to stay at Black's town for who-knows-how-long until I get her back. I let Jason go home, too.

Everyday, I would go to the exact same place where I've talked to Darlene. Waiting for her to come back and talk to me. I was expecting her to show up and tell me what I need to know. But she didnt show up.

Whatever is bothering her, I will find out. And I think it's a good day to find things out.

Did I mention that I know where Darlene lives now? No?

You thought Jason and I drove away the day Darlene told me to leave, did you? You were wrong. This is actually what happened.

"Stop the car right there" I told Jason pointing to a wide space near the road which is not far from where we left Darlene.

"Dude, we better get out of here. I think Darlene has a new life already" Jason said.

New life? Without me?

"Just stop the car Jason. I don't need your thoughts" I snapped. Jason sighed before parking on the side of the road.

I focused my eyes back to where Darlene was. I can still see her. She jumped in a dark red mustang.

Whi the hell are those guys. I thought.

The mustang drove away.

"Follow them" I told Jason.

"Dude..." Jason wasn't sure about my plan.

"Just do it" I told him as he started the engine nd folowed the dark red mustang. But of course we made sure to make a legit distance so that they won't know we were following them.

The mustang entered a private road leading into the woods.

"Are you sure of this?" Jason asked me as we stopped in the private road. I nodded.

"But we'll be caught for trespassing. Didn't you see the sign" Jason said pointing to a sign which says "No Trespassing".

Okay. I think Jason's right.

So we went back to our hotel in Black's town since we already know where Darlene lives. The questions inside my head doubled. I wasn't sure about what to think anymore. I am so confused. Damn.

Darlene, what's all of this.

I stopped my car just in front of the familiar sign of the "No Trespassing". I took a dp breath before coming out from my car.

Then I realized where the private road is leading. Into the woods.

"What the hell is Darlene doing in the middle of the forest?" I gasped seeing the thick line of trees.

No time to to ask that.

I walked following the concrete cement road. But it came to stop in the midway of the woods. So I decided to walk right into the woods ignorig the anoying sound of crickets.

I was walking for around an hour now and it felt like I've been circling the woods. I can't find anything that could help me out of the woods.

Shit. I'm lost. I sighed.

Just then I heard a low growl coming from one of the trees. I turned around to inspect but I didn't saw anything.

The little hairs on my arms rise as I felt someone was following me. I would turn my head repeatedly checking if someone might really be following me. None.

I heard another growl so I turned my head. That's when I regretted doing it.

×××

That was meant to be short.

Sorry for any errors.

Thank you for reading :)

-M.M