Of Birthdays and Mates

"I found a man I can trust.
And boy I believe in us.
I am terrified to love for the first time.
Can you see that I'm bound in chains?
I've finally found my way.
I am bound to you."

-Bound to you by Christina Aguilera (Burlesque)

Holla there!

What's up?

Sorry for any errors.

×××

It's already seven o'clock in the evening. We are walking towards Gavin's house. My left hand is carrying the tiny blue box were the cookies are and my right hand is clasped with Spencer's.

We entered Gavin's house. It wasn't as big as Spencer's but it's huge for someone like me.

As we entered the house, Gavin saw us and approached us. He just said "hi" to Spencer as he leaned to give me a peck in the cheek. Spencer's grip on my hand tightened.

"Happy birthday Gavin!" I greeted him.

"Thank you Luna. How thoughtful of you" he smiled as he grabbed the blue box from my hand. He quickly opened it.

"How did you know I like dogs?" he asked me.

Dogs.

I pushed myself to give him a smile.

"Wow. Coffee flavor. I love caffeine" he exclaimed as he bit into one of the cookies.

"Actually, it's wolves and they're not coffee flavor. It's chocolate" I said. I heard Spencer chuckled and Gavin turned red.

"Oh sorry. Please excuse me" he excused himself as he choked. He went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"Why didn't you tell me it tasted bad?" I looked at Spencer who was all smile.

"It wasn't. It actually tastes good. I like coffee" he smiled. I don't know if he's teasing me or what so I elbowed him.

I would understand if someone says my wolf cookies looked like stray dogs. But coffee flavor? Really? Can't they tell the difference between the chocolate and coffee? Or was it really that bad?

And Spencer knew it the whole time and he didn't tell me? Is that the reason why he ate almost all the cookies? To save me from humiliation?

Geezers!

But one thing is for sure. I will never bake ever again!

Spencer and I went to were the party is being held, Gavin's house's backyard lawn. Most guests were girls.

As usual. I thought.

Tables were everywhere. The buffet table was on one side and the bars are on the other side. There was also a dj on the house. He's playing a David Guetta dance track.

Spencer and I walked to one of the corner table and sat.

"What's with all the girls?" I asked Spencer as we settled down.

"Gavin's turned eighteen so we invited every single and unmated girls. We're hoping he'll find his mate. When every male wolves turn eighteen, we do this kind of party" he smiled.

"Oh I see" I nodded.

They're just wasting their time. Gavin's already have a mate. I thought.

"So you had a party with allk the girls when you turned eighteen?" I asked him.

"Yes. Girls and all" he smirked.