Facing the Past

"Look back, and smile on perils past."

-Walter Scott

Hi everyone!

I just want to say THANK YOU!
We've landed on werewolf #189!

Yaaaaay! I love you guys!

So here's the next chapter.

×××

I am back in the woods with Henrietta. It wasn't in the deep part of the woods. I don't want to get in trouble again. I've learned my lessons.

We stood there looking at each other. Waiting for someone to talk first.

I was speechless, too. Consider the fact that I've been practicing my lines as we walked to the woods. Consider the fact that there's a lot of things I wanted to tell her.

Start talking and get done. I told myself.

"Why?" the first word I uttered.

"I'm so sorry, Darlene. I didn't mean to hide things from you. It's just that I don't want to make our friendship rocky" she explained.

"You know I won't get mad if you just told me" I replied with my arms across my chest.

"You won't?" she said.

"Yes, I won't. But to tell you honestly, I'm mad right now" I sighed. She just lowered her gaze.

"I thought we could be real friends. Like you would tell me the truth" I added. That's when she started sobbing.

Geez.

I immediately went to her and wrapped my arms around her. I tapped her back as I shhh her.

"Should I be the one crying here?" I teased her. She chuckled as she wiped her eyes.

"Sorry. I'm really sorry Darlene. I didn't mean to complicate things" she said.

I just smiled at her.

"And if this would make you feel better, I decided to go back to England" she said.

"What?!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Yes. I think it'll be better for all of us. It'll be better for you and Spencer" she smiled.

"And I hope you forgive me" she added.

"You don't have to go back to England, though" I told her.

"But I have too, I'm going to do this not only for you and Spencer but for myself" she replied.

I nodded. She really is serious about going back to England. I suddenly felt guilty. This is all Stupid Spencer's fault! Now that I found a real friend then suddenly she has to go away because of some mutthead!

"I want you to know that you're still my friend, my bestfriend actually" I told her.

"Thank you, Darlene. You are the sweetest girl I've ever known" she smiled as she came near me and gave me a hug.

"Just don't forget to call me and visit me if ever you're free, okay? Or else I would never forgive you!" I said biting my lips to stop myself from crying.

"Of course!" she chuckled.

We held our hands as we walk back to Spencer's parents' house. Everyone was gone now except for Spencer and his family. We said our goodnights and went home. I ignored Spencer all the way.

As we got home, I went directly to the room and took a shower. I decided not to use Spencer's shirt but I ended up using it becauae its the only comfortable cloth I could use to sleep.