Girl Talk

Hello everyone!

What's up?

Sorry for any errors on spelling and grammar.

×××

I was baking wolf-shaped chocolate cookies. But my wolf cookies looked like stray dogs.

"Geez. I guess this will do" I sighed as I took the last batch of cookies from the hot oven.

I'm not really a fan of baking and I wasn't a good baker ever since. I just saw this pastry book at Spencer's office and decided to bake cookies for Gavin's birthday.

Yup. Today is Gavin's birthday.

Yesterday, when we were at the waterfalls, Spencer told me that today is Gavin's eighteenth birthday. I really didn't know he was that young.

So instead of buying him gifts, I decided to make these simple tokens of gift. Even if I like to buy him a present, I don't have money and I don't want to ask some from Spencer. Though I know he'll give me the amount I'm asking for. Even more.

Spencer bought Gavin a brand new yellow ferrari sports car as a gift. Where will Gavin use his new car if he has three more expensive cars in his garage? He barely even uses them.

Geez. Rich people. I just can't understand them.

"Stop eating the cookies!" I slapped Spencer's hands as he was about to take another cookie from the tray.

"But I want more'" he pouted.

"You've eaten half of what I baked!" I rolled my eyes on him.

"Why do you even have to bake this for Gavin? You don't do that for me" he complained as he cross his arms around his chest.

"Because it's his birthday" I said.

"Geez. So I have to wait for my birthday before you bake me cookies too?" he asked.

"Of course" I nodded with a smile.

"That's like six months from now!" he exclaimed.

"Then you have to wait. And please be a helpful person and coat these" I said giving him the tray of cookies, a bowl of melted white chocolate and a brush.

Just then, the phone rang. Spencer got to it first.

"If you don't have anything important to say then better call later. We re busy" he said as my eyes widen hearing what he said.

"Oh sorry, Henrietta" Spencer replied when the person on the other line talked.

"Babe, Henrietta wants to talk to you" Spencer said handing the phone to me. I got it from him as walked out of the room.

"Don't eat those!" I reminded Spencer as I left him.

"Hi Henrietta!" I greeted her.

"Hi Darlene, I see you and Spencer's busy" she teased.

"Just baking cookies for Gavin. It's his birthday" I said.

"I know" she replied with a change in her voice.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes, I called to tell you about my mate" she started.

"You know him" she continued.

"Well, you might want to tell me his name because I'm no fortune teller and I don't read minds" I told her.

"My mate. He's..." she seemed unsure whether to tell me or not.