First Revelation

"There are no secrets that time does not reveal"

-Jean Racine

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who's reading this book. I really appreciate it, so much.

Second, thank you for all your thoughts and comments.

Third, here goes the next chapter. Back on Darlene's POV ;)

×××

"Do you really think I look good? I mean, do I look like presentable? Don't I look like a cheap one?" I bombarded Henrietta with questions as I looked at myself at the mirror and tried to adjust everything.

"Calm down. You look stunning!" Henrietta exclaimed as she claps her hand.

"Are you sure? I mean, loo-" I was cut off my sentence when Henrietta hugged me.

"You look great" she assured me as she pulled herself away from me, allowing me to have a last glance at the mirror.

I was wearing a black lace cocktail dress which were just right above my knees. Henrietta let me borrow a simple gold chain bracelet to add a little effect on my long sleeved dress.

The truth is I've been staring at myself for the last hour at the mirror. Making sure that there were no stray hair in my french braided hair or my eyeliner weren't too thick. I've been utterly anxious for the past hours!

Who wouldn't be when your meeting your "boyfriend's parents?". Take note, quote and unquote.

What if they didn't like me for their son? What if they turned out to be a jasmin-kind-of-person? What if?

Stop being a pessimistic. I told myself.

I inhaled a deep and a long one before finally calming myself. I gave Henrietta a hug. She's the only friend I have right here and she's done everything for me. She gave me the cocktail dress, let me borrow her bracelet, braided my hair and applied my thin make-up. What would I do without her.

"Since I think you're ready. I'll go call your prince, your highness" she smiled and flipping her white dress to make a curtsy before she went out the door. I chuckled.

Juat after a minute, both Spencer and Henrietta entered the room. Spencer was all smile as he made his way near me. He was about to plant a kiss on my waiting lips when someone cleared her throat.

"Before anything else, since my presence is obviously not needed anymore, I'll be going. See you at the party, love birds" Henrietta teased us before leaving. Spencer and I chuckled. He then proceeded to do what he was suppose to do a minute ago.

"You're beautiful" Spencer complimented me.

"Thank you. You look great yourself" I muttered. He was wearing a dark blue polo and black pants. He looked like a prince.

"Let's go. Everyone's excited to meet you" he said putting his arms around my waist. Oh, silly tingles.

The party is held in Spencer's parents house lawn which is a five minutes walk from Spencer's house. It lead through a way in the forest before coming into a clearing.

When we arrived I noticed the house was also big but Spencer's is bigger. There were covered tables everywhere and people everywhere, too. There was a loud music going on and everyone looked pretty busy chatting with one another.

But when they felt Spencer and my presence, the music's volume was lowered and everyone stopped their businesses. They all bowed their head in our direction which I think is pretty weird.