Wolves

"Homo homini lupus est." (Man is his own wolf)

-Plautus

Hello everyone!

What's up?

Here goes the next chapter. Hope you like it.

This is Darlene's POV.

×××

Wolves.

The epitome of ferocious and vicious killers. One's that cannot be tamed. One's that are purely evil.

That's the usual definition of wolves for me. But right now, my once understanding about wolves were gone. All I can tell is that, yes, they are ferocious but not vicious killers. They're just defending themselves. Another yes, they are wild but that does not mean that they can't be tamed. And what's wrong with not being tamed? It's just their nature and exactly not their fault. Lastly, no. They are not evil. I know.

Why are you doing defending Spencer the wolf? Aren't you angry about him hiding something to you? I sighed.

Yes. I'm still mad about Spencer hiding his past relationship with Henrietta. And I'm gonna make him pay.

After Spencer's revelation abut being a wolf, I was changed from someone who's too ignorant to someone who's got new visions in life.

Wow. Is that really you talking? I asked myself unbelievably.

Then I closed my eyes and let out a sigh.

"If you are a wolf, then Gavin's a wolf too?" I asked Spencer. He changed back into his human form and was now wearing a shorts which Gavin gave him. I don't know where the shorts are coming out from. Weird.

Anyway, Gavin went ahead to give me and his brother a time to talk.

"Yes" he said coming near me. He was about to put his arms around me when I slapped his arms.

"Don't touch me. Where not yet done" I said with a firm tone in my voice.

"What now? Didn't I tell you how sorry I was" he sighed.

"You did" I simply answered.

"Then why can't I touch you?" he asked.

"Because I said so. And stop bugging me with your questions since I'm the one who should be asking you about this whole freaking situation. Now, start talking" I commanded him.

Wow. That felt great. Like I was oozing with power and confidence. I would have felt that way if Spencer stopped his chuckling. He and Gavin always find something to laugh about my speech.

"Did you know why I kidnapped you?" he asked me.

"How would I know? Did you ever tell me?" I replied.

"That is because you are my mate, my soulmate" he said ignoring the annoyance in my tone.

Soulmate. Big word.

"How did you know that I was your soulmate?" I asked him curiously.

"Because the first time I saw you, I immediately felt the bond with you. A strong connection which pulls me closer to you" he smiled as he tried again to put his arms around me but I quickly slapped his hands away.

"I said no touching. Anyway, am I also affected by the bond?" I asked him.

"Yup. But the pull of the bond on me is stronger since I have a wolf" he answered as he rubbed his reddish arms.

Is that why I felt so safe whenever I'm around him? Is that why I always felt like missing him all the time? Is that why I can't leave this stupid dude?

"How about your possesiveness? Is that a part of the bond?" I sarcastically asked him.

"No. It's just that I hate it when you are with other males who aren't your relatives. I hate it when you touch them or even talk to them. You know, the only thought of males touching you wants me to explode and kill that dude" he explained.

"Are you really that kind of guy? The guy who just kills everyone who steps on his way?"

"Yes. Especially when it comes to you" he answered with a grin.

"Gosh. I didn't know I was living with killers" I said. I saw his mouth twitch.

"But we don't kill for the sake of fun" he defended.

"For the sake of fun or not, you are still a killer" I rolled my eyes. I saw hurt register in his face. Maybe I talk too much?

"Let's go back. They're looking for us" he said in a whispery-tone. I nodded. Suddenly, he swept me out of my feet and ran like a cheetah on the loose. I didn't know he could run that fast. Include the fact that he was carrying me.

When we got back to his parent's house, I saw humas and wolves alike. I don't know but I wasn't feeling terrified anymore. I feel like I'm very comfortable around them.

"Thank the goddess you are okay!" Spencer's mother Elena exclaimed as she came near me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

"Yes, I'm glad I am" I answered pulling myself away.

That's when I saw Henrietta in the corner. She was with Gavin.

"Hey!" Gavin shouted. I just looked at their direction with a expressionless face. I saw Henrietta lower her gaze.

Yeah. That's right. I smirked.

Spencer walked beside me and put his arms around me. I elbowed him right into his ribs.

"I said no touching me right? That includes putting your arms on my shoulders" I said as he rubbed his sides.

"You are such a violent person" he chuckled.

"I really am. And if you don't stop bothering me, I'll make sure that I will shave your wolf bald" I warned him. He acted scared and shivered.

"Ugh! Whatever!" I told Spencer with irritation in my voice.

Then I saw Henrietta walk our way. I just stood there looking at her. She looked worried, more likely, guilty.

You should be.

I saw Spencer stiffen in his place. Like he was getting ready to stop a fight that would broke.

"I-I want to talk to you" Henrietta stammered. She was looking at me intently.

"About what?" I innocently answered.

"You know what" she said.

"Henrietta, I think Darlene's tired and miught need to rest. You can talk to her tomorrow" Spencer interrupted like he was a part of our conversation.

"No, I'm not tired and I want to talk to her" I said glaring at Spencer.

"But-" but before Spencer could finish his speech I walked away giving Henrietta a signal to follow me.

Henrietta got what I meant and nodded. She trailed behind me without any protests.

We really need to talk. If we want to continue being friends, then we really need to talk. But whatever the outcome of our conversation, I think it will stil be strained. It wasn't going to be like it used to be.

×××

Sorry for this short chapter.

And for the late update.

I want to know if anyone of you wants to know what happened to Alex. If you do, please do comment so that I would know.

Anyway, thank you for reading :)