A New Friendship

"Every new friend is a new adventure.

The start of more memories"

-Patrick Lindsay

Hey there!

How's life been?

Next chapter right here.

Back to Darlene's POV

×××

I woke up to find my self alone in Spencer's room. Or our room. I rubbed my eyes as I start to stretch. My head was pounding but I cxan handle it. Just a stupid case of hangover, I guess.

What happened last night? I asked myself.

I gasped when I remembered what happened. Spencer fetched me in the club. And boy was he angry. But a smile registered on my lips when I remembered our conversation. Me, admitting I'm inlove with him and him, admitting he loves me too. I couldn't be happier.

I stood up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Then I changed into Spencer's white shirt, which I was startng to like using and he doesn't complain, and paired it with a grey leggings.

I was feeling hungry and my tummy started to growl. So I decided to go to the kitchen and find food. But first I need to go to Henrietta's room since I don't know where the kitchen is located at. I slowly made my way to her room.

Seeing here black door, I knocked. She immediately opened the door. She was standing with a wide smile on her face.

"There you are! I was about to go check you out in your room"she said.

"I was hungry so I decided to come see you. I don't know where the kitchen is" I told her

"No problem. Come, let's go to the kitchen since I'm hungry too" she said hooking her arms around mine's as we walked our way. The kitchen is located on the first floor.

I sat on one of the stools on the counter. Henrietta grabbed some bacon and eggs from the fridge and proceeded to the stove.

"About last night, I'm sorry I texted Spencer" she first started as she turned over the frying egg.

"No, its okay. I should be the one saying sorry" I said as I shifted in my chair. She smiled.

"You know what, we're going to have a party tonight" she said setting the eggs on a plate.

"Party?" I repeated.

"Yup. A party for you. Everyone wants to see the mysterious Luna" she said giggling.

"Everyone?" I repeated again. Confused.

"Didn't Spencer told you about his parents and everyone who lives her in the territory?" she asked.

"Honestly, no. I've been seeing a lot of guys in this house though" I admitted.

"Well, tonight you are going to meet everyone" she said excitedly as she puts the bacon on the frying pan.

"Do I have too?" I asked. I know its a stupid question. Of course, I need to meet everyone including Spencer's parents. My heart started to pound.

"Of course. I'm sure they would love you like I did" she said assuring me when she felt my uneasiness.

"I hope so" I silently prayed.

"And we would be looking for a dress that you would use later" she said. I think Henrietta's going to be my stylist for a while. I smiled. I love her fashion sense.

"Have you already meet Spencer's parents?" I asked her.

"Yup. They're cool and sweet. I'm sure you'd love them" she answered.

"Honestly, I'm feeling so nervous right now" I told her. She looked at me and gave me an encouraging smile.

"You're pretty, smart and Spencer loves you. Nothing to worry about" she said.

"How long have you known Spencer?" the question just came out from nowhere.

"Actually, we've known each other since pups, I mean, babies" she said.

"Oh, I see. Are you two cousins or something?" another question from me.

"Nope" she said giggling.

The heck I'm right. They weren't cousins.

"We're just friends" she added.

Good thing.

I don't see Henrietta as a threat to me and Spencer but I'm kind of insecure of her. I mean, she's pretty. No, she's beautiful. She's sweet and she's kind. She's adorable, too. In short, she's just perfect.

I'm even asking myself why Spencer haven't taken a liking on her. If I were a boy, I would totally do everything to make her mine. But deep inside, I'm thankful that Spencer only sees her as a friend. Or else, I don't have any chance against her.

"Here's your breakfast" she said giving me a plate with bread, eggss and bacon. I silently thank her as we ate.

"Um. Have you seen Spencer? I haven't seen him since I woke up" I asked her.

"He went to deal with something. About the party tonight" she answered.

"Henrietta, may I ask something?" I told her.

"Sure. Fire away" she said gulping on her orange juice.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"As far as I remember, no. I don't have one" she smiled.

"Why? I mean, you're so pretty and adorable" I gasped. Really? I was expecting he has a boyfriend.

"I haven't had one for a long time" she said lowering again.

"Can I ask why?" I said. She looked at me. I can see sadness in her eyes.

"I'm still inlove with this one guy" she said.

"Then why don't you tell him and be with him?" I said in a confused tone.

"It isn't possible now. He's inlove with another woman and I can't do anything about that. It's all my fault" she said, tears were building in her eyes. Oh no, what did I do now.

"If I haven't left him. If only I've been stronger in the past then he won't find another woman. I've loved him and I'm sure he did loved me, too. But it's all too late now" she added. I just sat there motionless and speechless.

"It's all my fault Darlene" she said, now tears falling on her cheeks.

"Oh. Don't cry Henrietta. It's alright" I hushed her as I went and hugged her.

I wanted to comfort her but I know my words aren't going to be enough. She's been going through a lot but she even managed to be cheerful and smiling. This girl really is admirable.

I just let her cry in my shoulders. I would tap her back and rub it at sometimes. After somewhile, she pulled away from me and wiped away her tears.

"I'm sorry" she apologized.

"It's okay" I told her and gave her a smile.

"You're right. Everything's going to be fine" she smiled back.

"And if you need anything, I really mean anything, just tell me and we'll deal with it" I told her and giving her hands a gentle press.

"I will"

"Sure you would. What are friends for" I told her.

Yes, I've found a new friend. Henrietta's my new friend.

×××

There you go. It's one of my shortest chapter though.

Watcha think? :)

Sorry for any mistakes/errors.

Thank you for reading!

-M.M