Wolfsbane

Hello everyone.

I feel emotional right now so here goes the next chapter.

This is Darlene's POV.

Please forgive me for any errors.

×××

I slowly opened my eyes but quickly shut it again. The light was blinding me. Spencer saw it and he pulled down the curtains. He immediately walked towards me.

"How are you? Are you feeling okay now? Does anything hurt?" he asked me in a series of question running his hands on my face.

"I'm okay" I answered in a low voice. My head's still aching and I feel so weak.

"Are you sure? You were out for four days. The doctor said that you should wake up yesterday but you didn't. I was really worried" he said in complete worried tone.

"Oh my" I gasped remembering about Alpha Dylan. I tried to get up but I slumped down the bed when my arms failed me.

"Don't try to stand yet. You're still not fully recovered" Spencer said who quickly stood up to fix me.

"Where's Dylan?" I asked him.

He stood up and went to the table near the window grabbing some fruits.

"Whta do you like? Orange? Apple? Grapes?" he said trying to change the topic.

"Where's Alpha Dylan?" I asked once again ignoring his question.

"Should I peel the apple for you or should I just cut it?" he asked me once again.

"Spencer!" I exclaimed. Why am I having a bad feeling?

"Darlene, please calm down" Spencer said as he hurried to sit behind me. He reached for my hands and pressed it tightly.

"How could I calm down knowing that my other mate's not okay?!" I snapped. Stupid me. I turned to the other side of the face not wanting to see Spencer's reaction. How careless could I be?

I heard Spencer take a deep breathe.

"Darlene, I know" Spencer said in a low tone. I turned to look at him. He knows?

"I know that you are Dylan's other mate" he said in a broken tone.

"How?" I asked curiously. Did Alpha Dylan tell him As far as I know, only me and Alpha Dylan knows about it.

"Remember, I marked you. I would know everything. From your emotions to your actions. Whenever you're with me, your giving off an aura which is really strong. And I noticed it when you were with Dylan. You give the same aura as you are with me. That's why I am confident to leave you the day I went to the alpha meeting. I know that Dylan's going to protect you like I would always do" he explained without his eyes leaving mine.

All the time Spencer knew. He never bugged me nor Alpha Dylan about it. Where could I find such a loving person as him? Oh moon goddess, thank you for giving me Spencer. Tears started to fall off my eyes.

I pulled Spencer close to me and gave him a tight hug and cried on his shoulder. I don't know what to do without Spencer.

"I love you" I whispered to Spencer.

"I know" he answered. I know he was smiling though I can't see his face.

I wiped my face as I pulled away from him.

"Spencer, please be honest. Where's Alpha Dylan?" I asked him. I really wanted to see him and to make sure his okay.

"He's on the other room" Spencer answered.

"Is he okay?" I'm really glad he's okay.

"Honestly, he's unstable. The wolfsbane was really powerful. He's really lucky he went this far" Spencer said lowering his gaze.

"Wolfsbane? And what do you mean he went this far?" I asked as my head starts to ache again but I ignored it.

"The wine Dylan and you have been drinking contains a high level of wolfsbane. Wolfsbane is very toxic for us wolves. In a hundred percentage, the only chance to survive is twenty" he explained.

I gasped in complete horror. How could there be wolfsbane in the wine that Alex gave me? My tears started to fall again realizing what Alex said. So the wolfsbane is really for me and Spencer. And not Alpha Dylan. Alpha Dylan was just caught in the mess. How could he do that? I never knew he could do such thing.

One more thing, it's also my fault. If I hadn't poured Alpha Dylan the wine, he would be okay now. But guess what, I did pour him wine and now he's in a critical condition. All because of me.

"And Alex?" I managed to speak between my sobs. Spencer stopped stroking my back and cleared his throat.

"What happened to Alex?" I looked at Spencer change expression in his face.

"He.. He" he's not sure whether to tell me or not.

"Better tell me now, Spencer, before someone else tells me" I demanded.

"He's dead" he said.

What? Alex is dead. What's happening in this world? What wrong did I do to punish me like this.

"Dylan and my men went after Alex. They were supposed to bring him back alive but he fought. He brought out a gun loaded with silver bullets and pulled the trigger. We have no choice but to end him" Spencer said as he sat on my bed cuddling me and comforting me.

Sure. What Alex did was unforgivable but he doean't deserve to die that way. And he won't do such thing if not because of me. It all started because of me. All because of me. Guilt was flushing throughout my entire body. But mostly, pain and hurt come rushing to me.

"This is all my fault" I cried in total despair.

"No. Baby, you didn't do anything wrong" Spencer said giving me small kisses on my hair.

I know Spencer is doing his best to make me feel better but I'm really depressed right now. I feel like a worthless person. I'm certainly the person to blame for all of these happenings.

How could a penniless unimportant orphan cause all this trouble? I dont even know the answer.

"Do you want to go see Dylan?" he suggested seeing the state I'm in.

I nodded.

"Here, wipe your tears. I'm sure Dylan does not want to see you looking like a nightmare" Spencer joked as he offered his shirt for me to wipe my tears with.

I smiled and grabbed his shirt. I wiped my tears and blow my nose off.

"Yuck!" Spencer said in disgust as he saw his eewy shirt. I let out a chuckle seeing his reaction.

"I really don't want anything with your mucus but seeing you laugh, here, blow your nose once again" he offered his shirt. I laughed. I slapped him on his chest.

"C'mon. Let's go see Dylan" I said. Spencer helped me walk to Alpha Dylan's room as my knees are still unreliable.

What I saw broke my heart. There were air tanks and medical apparatuses inside the room. Wires are connected to Alpha Dylan's body and a breathing mask on his face.

There were four men on his room. But Spencer dismissed them as we entered the room. They obediently followed Spencer.

Spencer pulled a chair for me to sit on beside Alpha Dylan's bed.

"I guess, I'll leave you two. I'll be outside the room, just call me if you need anything" Spencer said. I nodded. He kissed me before leaving the room.

×××

There it goes.

Watcha think? So I'm having a dilemma on what to do with Alpha Dylan. Mind telling me what you think?

Thank you for reading! :)

-M.M