Feelings

"Sometime I'm terrified of my heart;

Of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants.

The way it stops and starts."

-Edgar Allan Poe

Hey there!

Right here is Henrietta's POV.

Her first and last, though.

I hope you like it.

×××

When I was in England, I continued my studies and worked as a piano tutor to kids to keep myself busy and to keep myself from going back home. I've waited patiently fow a whole year to past before deciding to call Spencer.

He was furious and I can feel his anger. I can't blame him. He was about to drop the call on me but I managed to calm him down and expkained everything to him.

Good thing, he forgave me and given me another chance. I was hoping that he would tell me to come back and be with, but he never did. The only thing he offered was our friendship. I was broken but I couldn't do anything.

Then about three days ago, he called me.

"Hi there, Henrietta" she greeted me excitedly.

"Hi there, Spencer. You sounded like you've won the lottery" I joked.

"More than that" he chuckled.

"What happened?" I asked him curiously.

"Have a  guess" he said.

"Guess what, I'm not a fortune teller" I laughed.

"You are such a- well, never mind. I found my mate!" he told me happily.

I felt my heart shatter into a thousand pieces. Bursting into little tiny pieces which I though wouldn't be fixed ever again, or if fixed, maybe it'll take time.

"You there?" he asked when I didn't answer.

"Oh y-yeah. I'm so happy for you" I stuttered.

"Thank you! You wouldn't believe how I met her..." he started to tell my about his mate. Everything went inside one of my ear and went out the other ear. All I did was to pretend to giggle and sound happy for him. I need to be happy, right? I mean, he's found his mate.

Now, she's infront of me. The one Spencer's talking all about in the phone. The one who's been keeping Spencer on his toes. The one who completes the bond with Spencer, his mate.

The word 'mate' gave me a hurt feeling especially when it comes out from Spencer's mouth. It's just that I'm not used to it, not yet.

I flew all over here from England to see Spencer's mate. Though it hurts, I need to come since Spencer's my best of friends. I would do this for him. I reminded myself.

As it turns out, Spencer's mate is such a beautiful person. Her mid-length hair was brown and her intriguing eyes were of different color. Her lips were natural red and her face is angelic.

I think I like her. She's just so innocent and witty at the same time. I think she'll made a perfect mate for Spencer. Ouch.

As soon as I saw her, I noticed Spencer's mark on her. The mark that was to be mine but I refused. The mark which could have claimed me as Spencer's mate but I ran away.

But I did the best decision, right? Sometimes, the best decisions hurts the most and it sucks. I swear, it sucks.

All I ever did was regret leaving Spencer for my damned principles. I was confused then and the first thing that came through my mind is to leave. And it did solve the problem, right?

Her name was Darlene Benson. Spencer told me that. And Spencer loves him so much. Spencer also told me that. I cried for the whole night. Why is it hard to move one? I always reminded myself that my mate would eventually come and sweep me off my feet, but it still didn't feel quite right.

Tonight, Spencer's going to throw a welcome party for her Luna. I told Darlene about it but she doesn't seem to know. I fill in some details for her. She was worried about meeting Spencer's parents though. I told her that Spencer's parents are cool and they will probably accept.

Like they've accepted you even when Spencer wasn't your real mate. My wolf reminded me.

And now Darlene asked me about me having a boyfriend. All the pain I was hiding inside came tearing out like lava out from a volcano. I started to cry and tell her about it. Of course, missing the Spencer part. She comforted me, hugged me and I felt a lot way better.

I'm really happy that Spencer's mate turned out to be such a nice girl. Though she's human, I can't think of anyone that's a better mate for Spencer. Even myself.

Darlene Benson is Spencer Black's mate and now, I'm starting to accept and even like that fact.

×××

Yay. It's not one of my best though.

Anyway, do tell me what you think so that I'll would know how to begin the next chapter.

Thank you very much!

-M.M