The Past

"Your past is always your past.

Even if you forget it, it remembers you."

-Sarah Dessen (What happened to goodbye)

Hello everyone!

What's up?

Here goes the next chapter.

Hope you like it.

This is Spencer's POV

×××

"You are so unfair!" she cried laughing as she fell back on her back.

"No, I'm not" I lied beside her. We were out in the clearing having a little picnic which she prepared.

"Yes, you are. Of course, you're a faster runner than I am. How do you think could I beat you in that race?" she said snuggling on my neck and putting her hands around my waist as we both looked up the clear blue sky.

"You can always bribe me" I suggested.

"I don't have any money" she answered.

"I'm not talking about that" I smirked.

"I don't think so, mister" she said giggling when she realized what I meant.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"Because we're not mates" she answered.

I frowned.

"But you love me, do you?" I asked her looking at her hazel colored eyes.

"Yes, of course" she said without cutting our eye contact.

"Then, let me just mark you and we can be together forever" I said rubbing my hand on her cheek.

"You know that it isn't going to be easy, right?" she said.

"We can make it through, though" I insisted.

"Of course. When I turn 18, I'd let you mark me" she smiled.

Once a wolf mark someone who isn't her mate, he will lose the bond which he shares with her. Same goes with the person who he is going to mark. It means that they can create their own bond. But there are consequences. Like for one, his mate will suffer both emotional and physical pain and torture which may cause her death.

I gave her a light kiss on her lips to show how happy I am. Her birthday is just a week away. And I can't wait to mark her. Though she isn't my mate, I really loved her and she meant everything to me.

Actually, she's my first everything. My first girlfriend, my first kiss and my first hug. Think of any firsts and I'm sure I've done it with her. And I was sure she's gonna be the last, too.

"You know what, I'm thinking we'll have about ten pups" I told her as now I play on her long hair.

"What?! Are you planning to build a soccer team?" she gasped in shock. I just laughed at her reaction.

"Why? What's wrong with that? We can even have another team for basketball" I innocently shrugged.

She sat down and slapped me on my chest. She was blushing and I liked how she looked.

"If you need a breeder who wants to pop your pups out every 9 months, then you found the wrong girl mister" she said.

I laughed again.