The Engagement Party

Hi everyone!

I had a fun time writing this one.

Sorry for wrong spellin/grammar.

×××

It's been a month since Alex's unusual marriage proposal. And everything has been hectic and we were all busy.

Everything is turning good, except for Alex's sister. She obviously does not want me for his older brother.

Jasmin, Alex's only sister, is a complete b-i-t-c-h. I met her just a few weeks ago. She came from Italy to attend his brother's wedding since she's studying Italian Cuisine.

Jasmin is a pretty girl. According to Alex, she just turned 19 last month. She has a pretty hazel eyes which flatters her dark blonde hair. She's got a curvy shape and she was also my height.

At first everything was decent until Alex left us two to talk.

"Hi" I said wanting to open a conversation with her.

"I don't like you" she said with a straight tone.

Yaay! Way to welcome your future sister-in-law.

I just looked at her, my eyes narrowing.

"You look like a donkey" she said.

"Excuse me?" I said staring at her, wide-eyed.

"From the looks of you, adding up your background, I don't know what my brother saw in you" she added without blinking.

I was taken aback about what she said. Oh wait, this bitch is really asking for something.

"Maybe I was just awesome" I simply said ignoring her comment on me.

"Awesome in bed?" she replied disgustingly.

"Yes, and that's something I can be proud of. Making your brother moan in extreme pleasure" I snapped before turning my back on her.

What I said was a complete lie. I never slept with Alex or anyone. I am still a virgin. Alex is a gentleman to make moves on me that's why we only ended up kissing. I only said that to Jasmin because she was getting on my nerves.

"What a slut" I heard her say in a low tone but I ignored her and continued walking.

If she wasn't Alex's sister, I would gladly introduce her to my clenching fist. I don't want to make it hard for Alex, making him choose between me or her sister. And I'm sure I don't want to come to that point.

We had our engagement party. It was held in one of the poshest hotel in town. The walls are painted in light cream and has a light silver moulding. The ceiling was covered in crystal lights which looked so pretty. The tables were arranged in a circular way making a good dance floor space in the middle. An elevated stage was on front along with the music band on its side. Perfect.

Alex's family were all there. I only have some few friends including my closest friend, Holly. Six to be exact. I only knew few people that's why mostly people who knew Alex occupied the guest list.

Holly has been my partner in crime in highschool so we are really that close. But she has to move to the northern part of the state because she married early. Anyway, she had time so she came. And I'm thankful aboiut that.

I was wearing a dark red tone off-shoulder dress that has a slight long train. It has a diamond cut trimmed in the back uncovering my flawless skin. The bodice with hand-accentuated beads fit me perfectly. My hair was tightly in a bun with no stray hair. The make-up artist gave me a light make-up to make me look more classic, elegant. And I can say she really did a wonderful job. I gasped as I looked at the mirror.