C H A P T E R 1 | Beyonce Wanna Be Girl

"How about this one?" My best friend, Jasmine, asked as she walked out of the changing room and spun around to show off her figure. She was trying on a red bathing suit.

"That screams; sexy lifeguard," I laughed and whistled which made her do another spin, showing off the bathing suit as best as she could.

"Maybe I want to be a sexy lifeguard," she shrugged as she placed her hands on her hips, watching me.

"Cause it's so fun being thrown at guys, right?" I rolled my eyes then crossed my legs.

"Depends on what guys," she winked and whipped her naturally curly blond hair behind her back.

"Next bathing suit," I ordered. This one just wasn't good enough.

"I already changed five times and you always say no," she complained as she let out a frustrated breath.

"You wanted to go shopping for bathing suits, so here I am helping you find the perfect one," I explained patiently, and Jasmine, accepting her fate, went back into the changing room.

I observed the area for a while and found loads of other girls just like us, doing the exact same thing we were. It seemed like everyone was getting ready to go to the pool. Hopefully, it wouldn't be too crowded later.

After a while, Jasmine stepped out of the changing room, "how about this one?" She asked as she raised her eyebrow, probably tired of changing so many times, but that's rather unlikely as its well...Jasmine. A two-piece, bright yellow bathing suit, reminding me of her personality. It complimented her caramel skin tone, which was a bonus. I inspected it for a few more moments. It looks good on her.

"There you go," I nodded my head in approval. It was the perfect bathing suit for her.

"Finally! Now can we go get lunch?" she questioned, as she re-entered the changing room to change back into her normal clothes.

"Yeah, I guess," I sighed, not very hungry. If I wasn't hungry, then I wasn't hungry. I couldn't change that.

"You never eat Belle, you need to," she ordered sternly, obviously hearing me sigh. I could hear shuffling, signalling she was getting changed.

"I know, I know, but I haven't been hungry much this whole week," I stated as I played with my slightly dry brown hair. I looped it around my finger, staring up at the wall.

She then poked her head out of the curtain, "If I have to shove food down your throat, I will," she threatened seriously, sending me a warning glare that told me she meant business. It didn't scare me at all.

"I told you. I will eat a little bit," I replied earnestly and grabbed my purse from the blue seat next to me and stood up. Judging by the lack of shuffling, she was just about done.

"No, you will eat a meal," she commanded as she closed the curtain after she stepped out of the changing room. She held the bathing suit and her bag in one hand the other discarded 6 were chaotically thrown across her arm.

"We'll see," I shrugged as we make our way to the checkout.

"Bella, is that you?" Someone screamed behind us which made me turn around and feel quite uneasy. I searched for the store for a familiar face but found none. Instead, a girl I didn't really know was staring back at me, admiration in her eyes.

"Do I know you?" I asked as I looked at the girl who just yelled my name. I'm pretty sure I didn't know her but she looked kind of familiar... I feel like we've met before but I can't remember where from.

"I'm in your bio class," she smiled. Her brown eyes smiled too, twinkling with light.

So that's where I know her from. With the reminder of where I know her from, my mind could place a name to the face.