C H A P T E R 58

Caden's going away party invitations came in the mail today. Four for the Drake's and believe it or not one for me. I really don't intend to get into anymore fights with my family, especially since life is too short to fight with your loved ones. They're suppose to be there for you, not argue.

My mother is my best friend, my number one supporter,my rock. Without her, I wouldn't be the person I am today. She doesn't deserve both her children out the house just yet.

***

"Mrs Drake," I called, knocking in her bedroom door.

"Come on in sweetie."

"I just came to thank you for letting me stay here. I think it's time to go back home," I explained, letting a deep breath out.

"I think it's a good idea," she smiled, closing her wardrobe door. "Do you need a ride? Luce is at a martial arts class and she won't be here for another hour or so."

"I still need to pack so I'm sure she'll be back by then," I nodded.

"Alright, just give me a heads up before you leave," she ordered, kicking some shoes under the bed.

"I will," I assured, giving her a big smile and gave her a wave before leaving her room and going to mine.

***

"So, you're leaving, huh?" Seamus asked, leaning against the doorframe, letting his hair fall into his eyes.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked, twisting round on my butt to face him.

"My room is right next door to my parents room, so I overheard you two talking," he explained, walking up to a full box that sat on the bed and picked up a random item.

"Overheard or eavesdropped?" I smirked, slowing getting up from the floor.

"Eh, a little bit of both," he shrugged, chuckling. "So what, you're sick of us already?" He asked, placing his free hand to his heart to make it seems as if he was hurt.

"No," I waved my hand and shook my head. "I think it's just fine to jump back into reality. School starts in a week and I need to get myself together before chaos with teachers, friends or even guys start up," I replied, collapsing on the bed.

"Guys?" He asked, placing the random item back and picking up a family picture instead.

"Be careful there, you're starting to sound jealous," I winked, holding myself up with my elbows.

"Me? Jealous? Psh," he assured, placing the photo back in the box and taping it closed with me.

"You're starting school at Edgewood, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, how about you? College?" I replied, looking over at him as we say next to each other on my bed, which was covered in boxes.

"I got a scholarship for hockey, but I don't know whether to take it," he mumbled, twiddling his thumbs.

"What! Are you insane? Why not?"'I screamed, making him look at me with widened eyes.

"Well the college is in Washington. In my life plan, I never imagined leaving Minnesota and I don't intend to break my goal. Maybe in a few years I'll see what I can do, but as if right now, I want to stay here," he explained, fiddling this the bedsheets.

"Wow, you really have it planned out, don't you?" I laughed.

"I guess you could say that," he shrugged, brushing his hair back, revealing a tiny scar that was always hidden under the bush of hair he has. I never noticed it before. I wonder what happened. "I just don't want to end up doing something that I'll be unhappy with doing,"his voice tore me away from staring at his forehead. "I want a plan and I want to stick to it," he explained. "How about you?" He asked, shuffling closer to the middle of the bed, moving some boxes out the way, and crossing his legs.

"Phycology. I've always enjoyed helping others. Seeing smiles across their faces, gives me joy and helps me focus on what really matters; happiness. I want to attend UCLA and join the medical field, then meet someone and start a family," I answered.

"I guess I'm not the only one with a life plan then,"he swung his head low as he chuckled to himself.

"I guess not," I got up from the bed and hoisted a box up into the air. "Do you know if Luce is back yet? She needs to give me a ride home."

"No clue, but if you want, I'll be more than happy to dive you," he shrugged, making his way off the bed.

"You don't have to," I shook my head.

"I know," he smirked and grabbed the box from my hands, allowing me to pick up the second box from my bed.

*

He dropped the two boxes into the trunk and slammed it closed. My car was parked in the street, but one of my tires were popped and I don't have the money to call a towing truck right now.

"If you want my dad could replace the tire for you," he suggested, glancing at my car that looked lonely since all the other cars that are usually parked on the street were gone.

"It's too much to ask," I stated, declining.

"Nonsense, Luce or myself will drive it over tomorrow, when we attend Caden's party," he offered, walking round to the drivers seat and getting inside.

"If you insist," I sighed and hopped into his car.

"So, what are you going to do about your mother?" He asked, starting up the engine and backing up the driveway.

"Show up at the front door with boxes and repeatedly apologizing," I answered, buckling the seat belt.

"Sounds like a good plan," he joked.

"I just hope we can figure things out, you know, for Caden's sake," I shrugged.

"And for yours," he added, quickly glancing at me.

"I guess," I mumbled.

"You'll be glad that you fixed things in a matter of no time, it just needs some getting used to, I mean you moved out of your house for like a week with no contact with your mother, things will be awkward at first, he preached, peering over at me every time he knew it was safe to.

"You're right," I agreed.

"Like usual," he winked and continued to drive down the path to my house.

***

"Are you all set?"  Seamus asked, stopping front of my house.

"Let's hope so," I replied and climbed out of the car. "Can you pop the trunk?" I asked, walking towards it.

"Already on it," he announced and then the pop from the compartment was heard.

"You got all your things?" He asked, exiting his car and leaning on it next to me.

"Yes," I laughed, reassuring him.

"Give me a call I you need anything," her ordered, making a phone with his hand.

"Yes sir," I smiled and saluted him.

"Yeah, yeah," he replied, rolling his eyes.

I walked up to the front door and gave Seamus a reassuring nod that he could go. After much convincing he started up the engine  and drove down the street, his car disappearing  around the corner shortly after.

A part of me wanted to chase after him and go back to the Drake's; it was so much easier there, but I also know they need privacy and I need mine...even if it means to reunite with my mother.

Finally building up the guts, I knocked on the door twice and heard a pair of feet nearing to the door. As the door opened, my mother took one glance at me then smiled, pulling me into a hug.

"Hi, mom," I whispered, hugging her back.

Home sweet home.