C H A P T E R 59

Ever since I arrived at the doorstep of my house, my mother and I talked. We covered at least every topic manageable; family, friends, boys and events that happened.

It was almost as if I never left, we bonded, we never used to bond. Either we'd talk about our day or talk about the present, but we never actually discussed some of the topics that were actually important.

I told my mother about Jake and I, told her about Seamus' surprise party and gushed about how nice the Drake's were. Aunt Anna popped up a few times, but I could obviously tell that my mother didn't exactly want to talk about her.

My mother went ballistic with the detail for Caden's leaving party. She told me how everything is suppose to look like. Balloons dangling from the ceiling fans, presents are suppose to be placed a table either the black and blue cloth, and there will be food everywhere. Ah even printed the college's logo and placed it in every surface and wall imaginable; might as well be sponsored by the college.

I'm in charge of presents and people's belongings. When people come in, I greet them then take their belongings. It's a boring job, but at least I'll be able to see who arrives and who doesn't.

"Caden! People will be arriving any second, are you ready?" She screamed to Caden who has been in his room for most of that time that we spent decorating.

"Yes mother, chill out," he called back.

"Then get down here now," she demanded.

"With who? People aren't even here yet," he recalled.

"With your family!" She answered.

After much more convincing, Caden finally trotted downstairs and plopped himself on the sofa.

"At leafy you look presentable," I joked, fixing a tablecloth.

"Wish I could say the same about you," he replied, smirking.

"A part of me is glad you'll be out my hair tomorrow," I smiled, patting him on the back.

"And the other part?" He wondered, pulling out his phone.

"Is wondering what I'll eat tonight," I teased, and stuck out my tongue at him.

"Get off your phone," my mother ordered to Caden as she fixed her dress, which she only wears in special occasions.

"You need to relax," he laughed, moving aside, signifying her to sit down.

"I just want this party to be perfect," she sighed, taking Caden's offer.

"It will be," I reassured, nodding. "But Caden being on his phone won't cause the guests to leave," I added.

"Still, he could get off his phone for a few hours without the world ending," she fired back.

"I don't know, the college might contact me," she stated, raising an eyebrow.

"Fine, But only if it's an emergency," she gave in, patting him on the shoulder, as she got up and went to the kitchen.

"I have to use that excuse form now on," I gawked.

"You're still in high school," he pointed out.

"Doesn't mean a college won't contact me," I winked.

"Trust me, with your grades, they won't," he chuckled.

"I get better grades than you," I gushed, crossing my arms.

"The how am I the one going to college and you are still force to go to high school?" Washed, pushing me a little.