C H A P T E R 11

My father and mother walked outside and stayed on the porch. It looked like they were talking about something serious.

My father's face was as pale as a ghost and my mother's hand made it to her mouth. She seemed surprised and sad? I took a deep breath and exited the car. Mason staying in his spot.

Before reaching the porch my father walked down the steps into his car without my mother. Confused, I waited until car rolled down the street onto the main road. By the time I got to the steps, my mother has sat down, her hand still over her mouth.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, don't worry honey," she smiled, obviously faking it.

"Where did he go?" I asked as my gaze followed my father.

"He went back to his house," she replied.

"Why?"

"He needed to get away from us," she nibbles on her bottom lip.

"He has been away for fourteen years and what he sees us for ten minutes and he needs to get away from us again? Take a break from us? You have to be kidding me!" I screamed.

"Honey he has been through a lot."

"And you thing I haven't? I need him, was he there? No. I hope he stays away. I don't need him coming back pretending he's a father," I shouted, slamming the front door and running up to my room where Mason was.

He was in my fluffy chair, going through my scrapbook and laughing at my baby photos, making me blush in humiliation.

When he turned to the next page with me, my brother and mother on Christmas day, all the memories from that day flooded into my head. It was the first Christmas without my father. I might've looked happy but I was anything but happy. I was sad.

My mother took that picture to show us that we don't need that man in our life. And since then, we were a happy, loving family, well that was until today.

"Hey, come here," he stated, making me drag my feet over to the chair.

"It's going to be alright. We are leaving for vacation in three days and we will have the best time of our lives. Trust me. Just keep thinking happy thoughts, and you will make it, I promise," he smiled.

"You're right. Are you ready for Florida?"

"More than ready,"he smirked."Plus I'll be spending the next three weeks with my favorite girl," he added, making me raise an eyebrow.

"I'm flattered," I smiled.

"Why, I was talking about your mother," he teased.

We talked for a while longer before he had to leave for dinner. He honestly is one of my closest friends.

Jasmine is obviously first and Mason is my second. Mike is probably third just because he's the only other one who doesn't hate me in the group.

Talking about Jasmine and Mike, they invited Mason and me to go mini golfing and go-karting with them. I asked Mason and he was all for it because he wants to meet my friends. We are leaving on Thursday so Jasmine said tomorrow (Tuesday) we will all meet up in the parking at Midday.

I cannot wait for the plane ride on Thursday. Not all I only get to go Florida with Mason, but I get to go with my family. I longed for a family vacation for the longest time now. It just happens that one of my best friend's will be joining me.

"Caden, Bella, can you come down here," my mother called.

"What's wrong?" I asked, coming down the stairs and turning the corner.